Vfe Pinball and Standout.

I love how much Peter can fit on a PCB, it does make soldering the pots a little tricky sometimes.Im working on a Choral Reef and Fiery Red Horse now too.

I’ve had all the parts for both of those pedals for some time now. Salmon season came along and put everything on hold. About t get back at it. I completed the choral reef a few months ago. Great chorus. Let me know how those 2 pedals sound. I’m anxious to get started.

I’ve had all the parts for both of those pedals for some time now. Salmon season came along and put everything on hold. About t get back at it. I completed the choral reef a few months ago. Great chorus. Let me know how those 2 pedals sound. I’m anxious to get started.

I'm still playing around with the order put I put the standout first and then the pinball. The level on both can create a fair amount of distortion if turned up, I have found that about 15-20% is about the max if you want to retain a clean sound. The HPF and LPF are very touchy.

The "Live" series of pedals are crazy loud. The Dragon is a focal point of my board and the gain and level are both very low. I've thought of scaling it back a bit but I like the pedal so much I don't want to mess with it. Did you get your relay issue sorted out?

I agree that the eq is touchy. On mine I sunk the knobs low so that there's a bit of physical resistance. Makes it less easy to bump them out of whack. They'd be good candidates for plastic shaft pots like on the legacy pedals.

The "Live" series of pedals are crazy loud. The Dragon is a focal point of my board and the gain and level are both very low. I've thought of scaling it back a bit but I like the pedal so much I don't want to mess with it. Did you get your relay issue sorted out?

Yeah I used a desoldering pump with an iron built in and it removed it for me. I imagine the relay is toast now but it works as it should.

I agree that the eq is touchy. On mine I sunk the knobs low so that there's a bit of physical resistance. Makes it less easy to bump them out of whack. They'd be good candidates for plastic shaft pots like on the legacy pedals.

Were you able to get the custom pots when you built yours? I also have a dragon, well two, one I built and the other I bought.

Your builds look great, you have been crushing it!!!!

The standout is such a great pedal, i havent used the pinball as much because i built the rocket eq and really like what it does. I agree that they both are crazy loud, but i think that is what I like about them most.

I feel like the pinball and standout both pale in comparison to the dragon. The dragon is my favorite overdrive of all time, I have built 6 of them and bought a blue one. Currently eyeing a green one in case something goes horribly wrong.

i wish i would have gotten more of his live boards, I really enjoy his work.

Your builds look great, you have been crushing it!!!!

The standout is such a great pedal, i havent used the pinball as much because i built the rocket eq and really like what it does. I agree that they both are crazy loud, but i think that is what I like about them most.

I feel like the pinball and standout both pale in comparison to the dragon. The dragon is my favorite overdrive of all time, I have built 6 of them and bought a blue one. Currently eyeing a green one in case something goes horribly wrong.

i wish i would have gotten more of his live boards, I really enjoy his work.

Thank you I appreciate it!

I backed Peter's SPS board on Indiegogo and ordered one with a Tractor Beam. I also built the Klein Bottle. I love the Dragon as well, looking forward to the Fiery Red Horse too!

Thank you I appreciate it!

I backed Peter's SPS board on Indiegogo and ordered one with a Tractor Beam. I also built the Klein Bottle. I love the Dragon as well, looking forward to the Fiery Red Horse too!

I did too, i went with the white horse compressor and am excited to hear who will be releasing his pedals in 2021. I have built damn near everything from his files, I have a whole shelfof just vfe. Just need to paint them, which is where my bottle neck arises.

I don't recall if those projects came with any of the weird pots. Seems to me there was a sub of some sort. I've never wound out the volume high enough to see where it tops out.

Did anyone ever build the Tiger from the Patreon campaign? It's one of the few VFE's I never warmed up to.

I have the tiger and really love it, but i am a compression nut. There are a few of his that i didnt bond with right away, the triplet and enterprise/tractor beam come to mind.

Peter's designs are inspired and inspiring. I've got three of his in the queue: Merman, Mobius & Blues King. Chong, can we see the front please?

Peter's designs are inspired and inspiring. I've got three of his in the queue: Merman, Mobius & Blues King. Chong, can we see the front please?

Sure, I don't usually use an OEM style graphic but since these are VFE PCBs and pots I figured what the heck. Plus I was too lazy to think of anything original.

I haven't even put knobs on the Standout yet.

Also just for the sake of it here is a pic of the Dragon and Triplet I built as well.

Dragon

Triplet

That's funny. I did exactly the same thing with the graphics. Reverb has such clean and straight front shots I figured it was better than anything I could come up with.

Back