VHS reverb low volume (solved)

twebb6778

Hi all, currently trying to troubleshoot a VHS that was previously working perfectly for a good week or so. The 3PDT seemed to fail so I've replaced that, now everything is fine except turning on the reverb significantly reduces volume.

The effect is still there, but much lower output. Anything obvious I might be missing or ideas on where to check?

Attachments

• 20190909_224058_resize_42.jpg
    20190909_224058_resize_42.jpg
    578 KB · Views: 31
Your best bet would probably be going through the circuit with an audio probe to find where the volume drop occurs to isolate your issue. Could be as simple as an incorrect resistor.
My VHS build has a slight volume drop but I believe it's because of the type of Reverb design for this pedal ala JHS.
I personally don't like the washy sound of it even at low settings.
It reminds me of Tremolo's with no Volume knob, Ah!
I believe you can alter it by reprogramming the Eeprom which I will eventually get fixed.
I not a fan of JHS pedals & this is only the 2nd one of his designs I've built that also needs Mods!

My 2 cents!

I know this is an old thread but I also notice a volume drop when switching on the reverb. It's only with the reverb. I have gone back through and don't see anything obvious. Anybody else experience this? I built this pedal awhile back and it's just been sitting. I decided to put it on my board and noticed the drop.
I built a couple of these a while ago and also noticed that when Reverb toggle engaged the volume does drop about 15-20%. Since I built two side by side and both behaved exactly the same I just assumed that was the circuit and just always used it with the Volume boost engaged and turned to unity when pedal bypassed. Always wondered if there was a resistor or something I could change to get more volume when Reverb engaged.

Back