Vibranium MILF

thewintersoldier

This week's MILF is the Wakan/da Flanger. It's the lectricFx Flintlock, their clone of the a/da Flanger. This one can get some more extreme sounds and is a challenging build. First it's a packed board, ten pounds of shit in a 5 pound bag. Second, there is like 7 trimmers, and calibration is a challenge, even for seasoned builders. There are videos devoted to the subject lol and the trimmers are very interactive. Took me multiple attempts before I finally got it. It's worth it! So many sounds available and the most range out of the flangers I have built. I like the extreme sounds because none of my other pedals donut like this one. For the graphic I went with black panther because I did the play on words with Wankan/da. This one definitely has some vibranium in it. Wakan/da Forever!
XvQqIOm.jpg
akimeS6.jpg

thewintersoldier

Superb looking build

I got an involuntary shiver just looking at the amount of stuff in there.....surely a kg or 2
It's not the amount of components that's the challenge, but the calibration. It's not hard just takes patience. If I had to do it again, I would use multi turn trimmers for some as these generic ones are more touchy and less accurate for fine tuning. But growing up in the 80s/90s I love me some flange and it's more versatile than people give it credit.

Feral Feline

I'm still short of two 4558Ls for mine; when I ordered 4 x 4558L I thought it'd take me forever to use them up; BYOC Swede HM-2 needs 3, Grind Octane needs 1 (vero, failed to get the PCB — Grind Custom! Please come back!), some other Aion builds need a few, and ... well turns out I need to order a LOT more...

The multi-turn trimmer is a GREAT tip!

I used a multi-turn for my Cowgirl build (Madbean Wigl) and I even used it on a friend's SHO (gain internal, master vol external), didn't think to use multi-turns for the Flintlock — thanks for the reminder! Added to my build notes.

thewintersoldier

I'm still short of two 4558Ls for mine; when I ordered 4 x 4558L I thought it'd take me forever to use them up; BYOC Swede HM-2 needs 3, Grind Octane needs 1 (vero, failed to get the PCB — Grind Custom! Please come back!), some other Aion builds need a few, and ... well turns out I need to order a LOT more...

The multi-turn trimmer is a GREAT tip!

I used a multi-turn for my Cowgirl build (Madbean Wigl) and I even used it on a friend's SHO (gain internal, master vol external), didn't think to use multi-turns for the Flintlock — thanks for the reminder! Added to my build notes.
This is required reading and viewing for anyone who tackles this project. Was so helpful. On the page is a link to the video calibration series. Watch it and follow along. After my first two attempts yielded less than stellar results this was what got me to the promise lands.