VIIB

thewintersoldier

Well, it was a shitty weekend and bad weather and all round bad energy from everyone so I spent yesterday building this. I built the byoc version a couple years ago. It's bigger and doesn't have the relay but it uses the original parts and sounds legit. Luckily, this has the relay for momentary on the fly and is in a 125b. @PedalPCB outdid him self on this one. I really like it and don't see myself going back to the bigger byoc version. I wanna spend a little more time dialing in the bias but for by ear only it's sounding super seasick and that's a good thing.
Film free decal on recycled enclosure. Some of the scratches were really deep so this one has some extra character 😂 went with the Quake logo as it doubles for a visual representation of the pedal as well as being a badass character. Build it, it's a easy build and a great sounding pedal.
OCo6ox7.jpg
FGgk1Lc.jpg
Bg7Jr3v.jpeg
ziEMQaz.jpeg

Bio77

That's awesome! I built the BYOC version, but it's a weird layout and I never got working without LFO noise bleeding into the input. I might pick this one up. Glad PPCB updated this, 13700 seems like a great sub. Do you notice a big difference in the ramp response vs the BYOC?

thewintersoldier

That's awesome! I built the BYOC version, but it's a weird layout and I never got working without LFO noise bleeding into the input. I might pick this one up. Glad PPCB updated this, 13700 seems like a great sub. Do you notice a big difference in the ramp response vs the BYOC?
Thanks John, the ramp on this is very smooth and responsive and I really like the momentary function for those bigsby flutters

Mentaltossflycoon

Definitely appreciate that offer, though it's too late. Vb2 is a top 5 pedals kind of thing for me so I put this together as fast as I could. I also feel like I'd be fronting since I'm more of an mcu movie watcher than a comic book collector.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20211018-142343_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20211018-142343_Gallery.jpg
    325.5 KB · Views: 11