Wampler Dracarys

Elijah-Baley

Hello.
Do somebody know what is the Wampler Dracarys?
Somebody assumed that the Dracarys is a modified Triple Wreck but I can't find any video comparison of the Triple Wreck and the Dracarys, at least to hear both in the same video.
I know that the Dracarys has tighter low end than the Triple Wreck, indeed the TW has a boosted low end (bigger caps cut little bass and the rev log Bass pot boosts the bass even at half).
(I built for the third time a Triple Wreck, and this time I tried to swap all the 1uF coupling caps (except the output cap) with 47nF. This definitely cut low end, maybe too much, in this short test maybe it sounds bass-less than flat. Some 100nF caps would work better.)

So, what about the Dracarys?

Hello.
Do somebody know what is the Wampler Dracarys?
Somebody assumed that the Dracarys is a modified Triple Wreck but I can't find any video comparison of the Triple Wreck and the Dracarys, at least to hear both in the same video.
I know that the Dracarys has tighter low end than the Triple Wreck, indeed the TW has a boosted low end (bigger caps cut little bass and the rev log Bass pot boosts the bass even at half).
(I built for the third time a Triple Wreck, and this time I tried to swap all the 1uF coupling caps (except the output cap) with 47nF. This definitely cut low end, maybe too much, in this short test maybe it sounds bass-less than flat. Some 100nF caps would work better.)

So, what about the Dracarys?
I don't know what the Dracarys is based on, but I'd build one in a heartbeat if it becomes available.

I'm watching this, now:
I can compare it just with my clone. I hear that the gain doesn't get down like my Triple Wreck. The TW becomes muddy at low gain. The Dracarys remain even more aggressive at low gain setting, I guess.
The treble in the Dracarys are more tamed, I guess, and of course it has less low end.
The switch could change the clipping. (Silicons and LEDs diode?)

Back