War Scythe

giovanni

Build Rating
5.00 star(s)
I finished most of this build on my birthday (1/3) but I didn't put the knobs on until today. I was waiting to get black knobs but I don't mind these actually.

The build went pretty smooth this time and the pedal worked right away (no rocking-before-boxing). I haven't played with the pedal a lot but some of the sounds I got from the right side (FF?) are really nice. I was surprised that the tone control is reversed (brighter CCW), but not a big deal. I was also a bit surprised that the octave changes the sound a lot.

Very fun build!

IMG_9546.jpg
IMG_9523.jpg
IMG_9521.jpg

Nice, clean build! I just built one a few weeks ago and at some point I should do a build report. I had the same issue with my status LEDs as you did; they did not line up with the holes on the template. I ended up putting some electrical tape on the LED leads and another strip where the wires from the switch terminate on the board just to keep them apart.

I was surprised that the tone control is reversed (brighter CCW), but not a big deal.

I'm just now seeing this build report and this scared me! What!? How could this have been overlooked for so many years!?

Turns out that's normal and how the original is configured as well, wheew! :ROFLMAO:

Nice touch with the ribbon cables, I need to get some of those.

I'm just now seeing this build report and this scared me! What!? How could this have been overlooked for so many years!?

Turns out that's normal and how the original is configured as well, wheew! :ROFLMAO:

Nice touch with the ribbon cables, I need to get some of those.
Took me a while to get the correct ones (I think from Mouser or Digikey?) and I still feel like I don’t have a good method to strip them…

This has been killing me because I constantly remember him referencing things that I spend times searching the forum for. Finally realized what happened. definitely a loss for the forum but to each his own.

Back