Warning - Don't hotswap your Daisy Seed

PedalPCB

Administrator
Staff member
Just a heads up.... I doubt anyone here is dumb enough to do it (aside from myself), but don't hotswap your Daisy Seed into the Terrarium (or any other) PCB with power applied...

Disconnect power before plugging/unplugging the Seed module.

Don't ask me how I know this. ? ? ?

Danbieranowski

rjkuyvenhoven

I think you want something with male pin headers Bc the daisy seed has holes down each side rather than pins. Something like this: Jabinco 30 Pcs 40 pin Breakable Pin Header 2.54mm Single Row Male Header Connector Kit PCB Pin Strip for Arduino https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0817JG3XN/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_nivGFbADSBKDB
As a general rule, I prefer to socket ICs and Microcontrollers. So in this situation I would solder female headers to the Terrarium and male headers to the Daisy. It'll make it easy to swap out the Daisy if needed. In addition, it looks like the Daisy is supposed to be mounted on the same side as the components between the two rows of pins and female headers would be needed to provide enough head room for the components.

Danbieranowski

As a general rule, I prefer to socket ICs and Microcontrollers. So in this situation I would solder female headers to the Terrarium and male headers to the Daisy. It'll make it easy to swap out the Daisy if needed. In addition, it looks like the Daisy is supposed to be mounted on the same side as the components between the two rows of pins and female headers would be needed to provide enough head room for the components.
Ah that makes sense!