• International Mail Service Disruptions
    A large number of international shipments have been disrupted by the COVID-19 pandemic. International shipments may experience longer than normal delivery times.
    Read more…

What guitars do you all play?

BurntFingers

I presume most of the people on this forum are guitar players... maybe some of those long guitars with 4 of the big strings are here too.

What are we all rocking?

I've been playing this one a lot. I built it last year because I had some pretty vitex (the top wood) to use up so here it is. And yes, the strings are upside down. Don't worry about it. Go watch Eric Gales and you'll understand.

small-1.jpg

Some padauk and maple goodness. Interestingly in NZ they call padauk 'rosewood', which gets fun.

small-5.jpg

What are y'all playing?

lcipher3

Mainly Jazzmasters. A black Fender with custom wound P90s, and a standard Fender sunburst with Fender pure vintage.
The offset shape just plays better for me.

And some acoustics, an archtop, strat, tele....

Nostradoomus

Late 80s Peavey Predator, bought it for 200 bucks from the sweetest old dude and pimped it out a bit. It had 2 Bill Lawrence humbuckers and a weird coloured pickguard to start.
BB8B081E-6861-435D-8A49-D31BFC291F9A.jpeg

Monson Redemption in caveman tuning (Open drop F or G)
7EBFDCC5-290F-46E6-BD8A-A592EF41B336.jpeg

Dean 12 string

49197853-DA21-4C3E-9701-0C49B8D0B059.jpeg

And a Squier J Mascis that I don’t have a picture of but it’s stock.

twebb6778

I presume most of the people on this forum are guitar players... maybe some of those long guitars with 4 of the big strings are here too.

What are we all rocking?

I've been playing this one a lot. I built it last year because I had some pretty vitex (the top wood) to use up so here it is. And yes, the strings are upside down. Don't worry about it. Go watch Eric Gales and you'll understand.
That's an awesome looking guitar, great work! I've built a few Tele's, but that's really special.

My main guitar is an Ibanez AGR73T that I've modded the hell out of, it's a totally different instrument. I've also got a Shecter Hellcat baritone, one of the new Fender Electric XII's, a Bigsby Tele I built, Fernandes MY-115, Squier Contemporary Strat tuned to C for heavier stuff, Fender JP-90 and a Fender Newporter too! Mine's in ocean turquoise.

Then there's my girlfriend's guitars...

K Pedals

BurntFingers

Apologies if I'm talking too much.

I found a broken 1975 D35 in a pawn shop for $299.

DSC_0087-01.jpg
before-14.jpg

DSC_0082-01.jpg

Lifting bridge, 4 braces missing or cracked, about 6 cracks in the top you could shine a light through, binding missing, the back was hanging off.

before-1.jpg

I took it in for a neck reset for $800 and had the cracks seen to as well and reglued the bridge and replaced the binding, then I dressed the frets. New nut, new bridge pins, new saddle. It came out pretty sweet. I sold it for $1600 then bought the Larrivee.

That was a fun restoration project and I came out pretty well.

web-2.jpg

Attachments