What the heck am I to do with all these CMOS chips?

Matmosphere

Yeah, Parasit studio stuff all the way, think you are actually missing one of the chips for the arcadiator, but it's a great pedal. All of Fredrick's stuff kicks ass so check it out!

I really, really like the Theremin Fuzz and the U235

benny_profane

Parasit Studio CMOS Workshop Series

I'm not a CMOS expert. That aside, here's a list.
  • CD4051: Analog mux used for switching logic.
  • CD4040: 12-stage binary counter. May be able to use with a PLL?
  • CD4024: 4-stage binary counter. See CD4040.
  • CD4017: Decade counter. Fun with LED sequences!
  • CD40106: Logic Gate (Hex Inverter). Decent amount of synth stuff here.
  • CD4046: PLL with VCO. Lots of options here for modulation.
  • CD4069: Logic Gate (Hex Inverter). Used in Laney amps I think.
  • CD4049: Logic Gate (Hex Inverter). Red Llama! Also one of the CMOS chips in the Electric Mistress.

Mentaltossflycoon

Have you used it on bass? One of the things I worry about with all this synth stuff is tracking on the low end.
Pbass with flats, fretless 5, electric upright, all sound great. Definitely tracks the best playing up the neck and it's no POG/OC2 in that area but if you've used a blue box, it's much more stable than that. I find the multiwave mega overwhelming and not super useful for me but it was a fun build. Glad I have it and should give it more attention. I'm almost done with a side scroller which is like a baby arcadiator. Sounds really great to me. Will likely go on a backup lightweight travel board I'm musing.

peccary

Pbass with flats, fretless 5, electric upright, all sound great. Definitely tracks the best playing up the neck and it's no POG/OC2 in that area but if you've used a blue box, it's much more stable than that. I find the multiwave mega overwhelming and not super useful for me but it was a fun build. Glad I have it and should give it more attention. I'm almost done with a side scroller which is like a baby arcadiator. Sounds really great to me. Will likely go on a backup lightweight travel board I'm musing.
Right on, thanks for sharing.

• Love
Reactions: fig