When breakout boards turn you into a lunatic...

finebyfine

You need some of this stuff:
View attachment 13185

Loooove this stuff. When it first arrived and I saw how big it was I was like "I'll never go through half of that" and now I'll probably need to reup after my next few builds

I bought some ribbon cable, but must of been the wrong stuff, when you strip mine back it's way too tedious to try and sort and twist up the individual wires for tinning

Are you using an automatic wire stripper? I usually still need to separate the individual wires (the non-stripped) at the ends a 1/2in and doing that makes it easier to twist

Paradox916

BNTECHGO 24 Gauge Silicone Ribbon Cable Flexible 4P Black 25 ft Flat Cable 24 AWG Strand Wire https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07PMS5KGX/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_glt_fabc_2R50N3SB53FEQRM5C9Q0

Mouser has it too

Not sure if this helps but here is a couple sources.. although I don’t think the 28awg would be advisable.

Last edited:

thewintersoldier

I'm really anal about my wiring and not board has the same configuration for wiring so I have to use individual wires. Plus I color code everything to make trouble shooting easier. Green in, yellow out, black ground and red voltage.

Stickman393

Shoot. I was gonna say that I had a source with the devil himself, but it looks like others beat me to it.

He'll also hook ya up with some decent ratcheting crimpers and wire header kits if you pay additional tribute.

I get my strippers from Germany.

giovanni

BNTECHGO 24 Gauge Silicone Ribbon Cable Flexible 4P Black 25 ft Flat Cable 24 AWG Strand Wire https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07PMS5KGX/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_glt_fabc_2R50N3SB53FEQRM5C9Q0

Mouser has it too

Not sure if this helps but here is a couple sources.. although I don’t think the 28awg would be advisable.
I bought the Tayda one but it has the wrong pitch (0.05” or 1.27mm, PPCB boards use twice that).

Paradox916

@giovanni Im not sure to be honest with you I never used the ribbon before. But awg28 just seems a bit on the small side and probably a PITA to strip without cutting strands.. I have just been using supply of awg22 Tefzel I got for free. It will be sad when I run out.

finebyfine

Is the pitch 0.1” / 2.54mm? Not mentioned in the description?

It's wider than 1.27mm (just checked it side by side with 4 sections of the Tayda flat ribbon that you linked to) but still not 2.54mm. I separated this example wider than I usually do but hopefully it gives you an idea of the pitch. Even if it was the right pitch I still think I'd have to separate it out to twist the leads

IMG_683825-1008x756.png

giovanni

AWG 28 is definitely on the small side. I use 26 for the most part because 24 turned out to be too large for some projects. Maybe PPCB boards have holes large enough? Anyways, thanks for sharing! I might give it a try.

Barry

Loooove this stuff. When it first arrived and I saw how big it was I was like "I'll never go through half of that" and now I'll probably need to reup after my next few builds

Are you using an automatic wire stripper? I usually still need to separate the individual wires (the non-stripped) at the ends a 1/2in and doing that makes it easier to twist
I think I'll stick with the hook up wire I've been using, it's already tinned and stays where I put it