When your hobbie is to assemble pedals but you live in europe

NickC

Electrovibe : practically finished but stopped because waiting for a small bear order (bulb LDRs) made 20 days ago. o_O

Valhalla: same thing but stopped because Musikding has mistaken for the umpteenth time the type of components (in this case a potentiometer) and you have to wait for a superslow shipment.o_Oo_O

Tell me your stucked story :coffee:

Attachments

• WhatsApp Image 2021-07-30 at 16.08.57.jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2021-07-30 at 16.08.57.jpeg
    511.2 KB · Views: 29
  • Sad
Reactions: fig

SillyOctpuss

I buy in bulk and work on a lot of projects at one time so I always have something to work on. Buying in bulk usually means I only have to order a part once every few years.

Cucurbitam0schata

My stucked stories have been self-afflicted. I recently ordered CD4024s, instead of CD4049s. Double check your lists, and buying in bulk has been the biggest helper for me.

Hang in there on waiting, comrade!

NickC

My stucked stories have been self-afflicted. I recently ordered CD4024s, instead of CD4049s. Double check your lists, and buying in bulk has been the biggest helper for me.

Hang in there on waiting, comrade!
obviously it also happened to me to get the wrong components, and yes, double, triple, quadruple check is recommended! :ROFLMAO:

Feral Feline

BEACHED ON LOW TIDE!

Need a power jack and or a new enclosure... was going with 9mm dualgang A1M, decided on 16mm, Pot finally came in, PCB mount so I still gotta kajigger...

NickC

My low tide have still a dual b1m, eheheh i had ordered one from musikding but they didn't put it in the shipment... 😫

temol

I also live in Europe, and I can buy up to 80% of the components in electronic shops located in my country. Resistors, caps, ICs, transistors, pots. I have couple electronic shops in my town, there's couple online shops. Can't complain... :)

Grubb

I haven't ordered from him yet, but I have ordered from Pedal Parts Australia. We do have options here, but I live in a regional area, on an island, so everything is post/courier-dependent and there's a lot of waiting for parts to arrive.

HamishR

Shipping to Western Australia from Tayda in Thailand is often crazy quick. And even when I buy from Mouser it comes from HK. I have used Pedal Parts Australia but Tayda is usually cheaper.

Grubb

Shipping to Western Australia from Tayda in Thailand is often crazy quick. And even when I buy from Mouser it comes from HK. I have used Pedal Parts Australia but Tayda is usually cheaper.
That's part of my problem, multiple orders now have taken longer to get from Perth to Tasmania than they have to get from Thailand to Perth 😑

HamishR

It's crazy, isn't it? I had a guitar get to Sydney a few months. It spent longer in Sydney than it did coming from the US. And then a good few days in Perth before I saw it. I just ordered a Speaker from Stewmac on Saturday and it arrived here in Perth today - Tuesday. How on earth does that work?? That's almost quicker than I could fly myself. If I had a plane.

NickC

ok guys I'm finally done!

Attachments

• WhatsApp Image 2021-08-09 at 19.35.43.jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2021-08-09 at 19.35.43.jpeg
    312.8 KB · Views: 9

HamishR

Yup - Just ordered some stuff from Mouser Australia and it's coming from Mouser HK. Who knows how this stuff works? When I started making my own gear I tried ordering from Mouser US (there was no Mouser Australia back then) and there was a minimum US$100 order to ship outside the USA. And that wasn't really too long ago. How quickly things have changed with online retail.