Where did the off-topic section go?

fig

Village Idiot
I once met George Lindsey at the Florida state fair. I knew who he was, but even after thinking I had lost him in the crowd he finally caught me in the parking lot and so I gave him my autograph.

HamishR

Well that's interesting. When I logged in the last few times the "Public Forums" section had only three sections. Now it's back to four sections. The Breakroom was missing. It seems it was only on my computer...

fig

Village Idiot
I think it was temporarily disconnected whilst the man behind the curtain was jimmying with the AIGF thread.

Final answer.

Stickman393

...listen...

AIGF briefly went all Skynet. We had to dumb it back down with a classic RTT (Reverse-Turing Test). Our fearless leader Bugg chose forum member @thesmokingman to take the lead on this op.

Smokingman was able to bravely and courageously lead a devolution offensive against the AI. He demonstrated superlative grit in maintaining an onslaught of just...*painfully*...unfunny memes, which caused the AI to experience an existential crisis. This artificial psy-op was able to establish the conditions in which the AI convinced itself that...if this was the quality of memes that intelligence produced...that it absolutely wanted no part in any of that nonsense, and reverted to it's natural state of Artificial Pretty Dumb.

It was for this reason that he was promoted to Pro. Hater, a class 4 designation. Humanity will never know of his great sacrifice for our collective safety.

*edited to better reflect the unredacted documents, code-word classified.*

Now...I want you look at this red dot...

Last edited:

thesmokingman

Paid Hater
...listen...

AIGF briefly went all Skynet. We had to dumb it back down with a classic RTT (Reverse-Turing Test). Our fearless leader Bugg chose forum member @thesmokingman to take the lead on this op.

Smokingman was able to bravely and courageously lead a devolution offensive against the AI. He demonstrated superlative grit in maintaining an onslaught of just...*painfully*...unfunny memes caused the AI to experience an existential crisis, in which it convinced itself that...if this was the quality of memes that intelligence produced...that it absolutely wanted no part in any of that nonsense, and reverted to it's natural state of Artificial Pretty Dumb.

It was for this reason that he was promoted to Pro. Hater, a class 4 designation. Humanity will never know of his great sacrifice for our collective safety.

Now...I want you look at this red dot...
4hkfnj.jpg

HamishR

Ever regret starting a thread you thought might be useful? At least I (think) I know that I wasn't hallucinating.

I'm going to lie down for a while.