Where do I get the good stuff? (Stripboard)

wintercept

Hi all,

I am looking to make some artsy vintage-y builds, mostly inspired by the Seeker Electric Effects stuff (from Instagram @seekereletriceffects):

seeeker.png
So, I'm looking for some nice quality stripboard material. I have some of the cheap stuff and it works well enough but is definitely not the best, and it has an ugly silkscreen grid.

Any suggestions would be great. Thank you!

Not strip, but nice looking!

Not strip, but nice looking!
I think you’re on to something, but it says that has no strips or pads, so it’s just phenolic material with holes. I’ll look more on that site.

It looks like some of the stuff Seeker uses has a wider lead spacing, so I’m going to try looking for something with 0.15” pitch as opposed to the usual (I think) 0.1”

I’m not trying to rip them off, but I think making something in that vain would be super satisfying!

I've designed my own stripboard in EasyEDA (I use diptrace for other things, but you'll reach the pad limit on the free version fast when making stripboard) and got it made at JLCPCB. It'll be made of FR-4 which is less flexible than phenolic FR-1 & FR-2 but it's also more durable.

Here's some of mine...all these are per pad copper (some both side)
The bottom 2 are strip. The larger is my preferred.

nqrGYcm.jpg

9bCUBJ4.jpg

I've designed my own stripboard in EasyEDA (I use diptrace for other things, but you'll reach the pad limit on the free version fast when making stripboard) and got it made at JLCPCB. It'll be made of FR-4 which is less flexible than phenolic FR-1 & FR-2 but it's also more durable.
That’s a good idea. I could get the best fit for enclosures, and have fun with the silkscreen.

Thanks!

The stuff from BusBoard is a bit expensive compared to what tayda sells, but it's very nice. The board is thick, and the tracks are very secure.

If you're willing, I'd love to get the gerbers for that! I've tried making my own, but am not great at making custom Eagle footprints.

Reactions: fig
I am looking to make some artsy vintage-y builds, mostly inspired by the Seeker Electric Effects stuff (from Instagram @seekereletriceffects):

So, I'm looking for some nice quality stripboard material. I have some of the cheap stuff and it works well enough but is definitely not the best, and it has an ugly silkscreen grid.

That looks like 0.15" pitch board rather than standard 0.1" spacing. The wider spacing allows you to more easily use larger "mojo" style components, but is often more expensive. The only options I've seen for sale are from RP Electronics & Vero Technologies.

You may want to ask Andy over at Vero-P2P as he posts a lot of 0.15" pitch vero layouts. The contact form is at the bottom-right of the sidebar:
Screen Shot 2021-10-11 at 1.51.31 PM.png

A lot of those builds are probably perfboard rather than veroboard, for which RP & Jameco have options.

If you're willing, I'd love to get the gerbers for that! I've tried making my own, but am not great at making custom Eagle footprints.
That’s a good idea. I could get the best fit for enclosures, and have fun with the silkscreen.

Thanks!

I have lots of extras of these and am more than happy to send them to a good home - I have a generic size and then I also have some that are made for 3 Knob Tayda enclosures with 3 spots for potentiometers, and then one that fits 3-6 knob enclosures with 6 pot locations. All 2.54mm (.1") pitch other than the potentiometers.

This is a link to an EasyEDA project that contains all 3 of these boards that you can generate gerbers from

I have a generic size and then I also have some that are made for 3 Knob Tayda enclosures with 3 spots for potentiometers, and then one that fits 3-6 knob enclosures with 6 pot locations. All 2.54mm (.1") pitch other than the potentiometers.
Thanks mate, these look great! The 3-Knob & 6-Knob boards are a genius idea.

Btw, your site has been super useful, especially the Tayda pot page! Super unique & efficient resource.

@bowanderror thanks for the links. I’ll check those out and that blog as well.

@finebyfine I didn’t realize you had a site! That’s pretty cool. I’ve always considered setting up a blog to share what I learn and create. That’s part of the spirit of our community after all. Where would we be without sites like Geofex, etc.?

Thank you all for sharing. I think I have a lot more to consider if I want to make pedals like this.

Here's some of mine...all these are per pad copper (some both side)
The bottom 2 are strip. The larger is my preferred.

nqrGYcm.jpg
Where do you get your 2 sided perf board for the best prices at, good sir? The one on the upper right. :)

Reactions: fig
Back