SOLVED where to start with troubleshooting deflector?

billywonka94

I'm having issues with it. I'm pretty new to the game and I'm not sure where to start with troubleshooting it.
I'm getting no signal with the pedal on or off. Is there something wrong with how they've got the 3PDT in the diagram? I'm not using a breakout board, and I'm just not sure what else could be wrong. reason I ask is that input and output there at the bottom of the pcb are both showing continuity with ground, but not at the 1/4" jacks, leading me to believe the schematic is incorrect, or I've got a faulty switch?
It's my first FV-1 build; I may need to touch it up some. But not getting bypass signal wouldn't be an FV-1 issue would it?
Thank you in advance

Here's a good place to start before others chime in

The diagram is correct, so you've either got a faulty switch or there's a break in continuity somewhere in your wiring.

The diagram is correct, so you've either got a faulty switch or there's a break in continuity somewhere in your wiring.
Wonderful - Thank you!

I'm having issues with it. I'm pretty new to the game and I'm not sure where to start with troubleshooting it.
I'm getting no signal with the pedal on or off. Is there something wrong with how they've got the 3PDT in the diagram? I'm not using a breakout board, and I'm just not sure what else could be wrong. reason I ask is that input and output there at the bottom of the pcb are both showing continuity with ground, but not at the 1/4" jacks, leading me to believe the schematic is incorrect, or I've got a faulty switch?
It's my first FV-1 build; I may need to touch it up some. But not getting bypass signal wouldn't be an FV-1 issue would it?
Thank you in advance
Your input jack is wired wrong. The input wire (green) should be on the vertical "lug" to left in the picture.

@PedalPCB Is there a way to make @BuddytheReow's Troubleshooting 101 thread a sticky in the Troubleshooting forum? This thread has helped me immensely learn some basic stuff.....but I can never find it easily when I need to check something:) The pictures of good vs bad solder joint is worth it's weight in gold! (And thank you @BuddytheReow)

@PedalPCB Is there a way to make @BuddytheReow's Troubleshooting 101 thread a sticky in the Troubleshooting forum? This thread has helped me immensely learn some basic stuff.....but I can never find it easily when I need to check something:) The pictures of good vs bad solder joint is worth it's weight in gold! (And thank you @BuddytheReow)
Better yet, make it a TOS stating they’ve read and understand Buddy’s Troubleshooting 101 and have followed all the procedures outlined within prior to posting a TS thread ;)…..okay, maybe a wee over the top…but yeah a sticky works. Great stuff Buddy!

Last edited:
Back