Why is the Ibanez/Vemuram pedal called a TSV808?

HamishR

I ordered one of these in October and while waiting for it to arrive i looked at the schematic and to me there isn't much that's Tube Screamerish about it. What am I missing? It has hints of Timmy maybe... What do you guys think it is based on? Anything in particular?

Also I noticed that Fingolfen's Tone Geek version has some 100nF caps in it the PedalPCB version doesn't. Is there variation amongst the Vemurams??

I ordered one of these in October and while waiting for it to arrive i looked at the schematic and to me there isn't much that's Tube Screamerish about it. What am I missing? It has hints of Timmy maybe... What do you guys think it is based on? Anything in particular?

Also I noticed that Fingolfen's Tone Geek version has some 100nF caps in it the PedalPCB version doesn't. Is there variation amongst the Vemurams??
The Ibanez TSV808 is a collaboration with high-end pedal manufacturer Vemuram. Vemuram has earned global acclaim, and their pedals contain top-tier components such as a quad-layered PCB and unique brass housings.. The inspiration for the TSV808 was a hybrid of the Vemuram Jan Ray (Timmy) and Ibanez TS808, each companies’ flagship effects pedal, and the TSV808 successfully preserves the Tube Screamer’s signature mid-boost and combines it with the wide dynamic range and frequency response of the Jan Ray, for an inspired, unbeatable new Tube Screamer which redefines overdrive.

The Ibanez TSV808 is a collaboration with high-end pedal manufacturer Vemuram. Vemuram has earned global acclaim, and their pedals contain top-tier components such as a quad-layered PCB and unique brass housings.. The inspiration for the TSV808 was a hybrid of the Vemuram Jan Ray (Timmy) and Ibanez TS808, each companies’ flagship effects pedal, and the TSV808 successfully preserves the Tube Screamer’s signature mid-boost and combines it with the wide dynamic range and frequency response of the Jan Ray, for an inspired, unbeatable new Tube Screamer which redefines overdrive.
The only bit I included was (Timmy), the rest was Sales Pitch that came with the Pedal!!! :ROFLMAO:

Back