Winter Soldier Green Russian Muff

thewintersoldier

I haven't had a straight up big muff in years. Every one that I have built in the past 5 years has been a modded, tweaked version with extra pots and switches. I've had these set knobs for 3 years unused so I made my favorite version of the big muff, green Russian tall font. This is a bone stock version 7c. I ended up using BC549c's in this one. I did the wiring all white just like the sovteks had. I pulled my inspiration for the enclosure from both the original and the reissue nano. Distortion label, just like the original. Winter soldier symbol replaces the original star design and the first 5 five of Bucky's activation words in Russian Cyrillic. This thing sounds the part, into a pushed amp with p90s it's instant Dan Auerbach.
PXL-20211014-010107138.jpg
PXL-20211014-010023596-2.jpg
PXL-20211014-010053940.jpg

thewintersoldier

Superb dahling! I can just make out your thumbprint on the 3PDT....now I can recreate it and use it to gain access to your secret lab! Or I could just use the code you gave me.
Желание. Ржавый. Семнадцать. Рассвет. Печь. Девять. Добросердечный. Возвращение на Родину. Один. Товарный вагон.

Coda

Beautiful. I build a combo Green Russian/Civil War not too long ago. The Civil War is my favorite, when when you switch to the GR…it really hits you right in the chest.

thewintersoldier

Beautiful. I build a combo Green Russian/Civil War not too long ago. The Civil War is my favorite, when when you switch to the GR…it really hits you right in the chest.
I have played every major version of the big muff and the Russian variety is the only ones I have ever bonded with. They are less scooped, lower gain and more versatile to me. They also sound better going into a pushed amp which I do alot of the time.

Preverb

I used to have the big re-issue series that came out in the 90s. I sold mine long ago. I think I still have the wooden box filled with tubes somewhere in storage though. Those knobs look pretty close to what I remember.

Mentaltossflycoon

Nice work, I like your aesthetic more than the ehx reissue. I would have assumed those knobs would look weird on a small box but it works. I bought cream ones on a whim just because I'd never seen them before and I've struggled to find a project that they look good on.