Wonder drive dc leakage/switch issue?

Vanilla gorilla

Hello everyone, I’ve commented on this issue but I thought it would be best to start its own thing.
This is my second pedal build. When in bypass mode/switched off I noticed it was very muffled sounding and low output. This clears up if I pull the dc plug. Something I discovered when I started trouble shooting was that I’m getting power to the board when switched off. I’m also getting dc on the pot leads and both sides of the electro caps which I thought is not supposed to happen. Bad switch-bad cap-short somewhere??
Any advice where to start would be greatly appreciated

Attachments

• 7F14863B-C37A-4B76-A87F-FFF8678B7499.jpeg
    7F14863B-C37A-4B76-A87F-FFF8678B7499.jpeg
    814.6 KB · Views: 8
  • E253C52F-AB1E-4648-9C05-3317B3513615.jpeg
    E253C52F-AB1E-4648-9C05-3317B3513615.jpeg
    1,023.5 KB · Views: 9
did you wire your jack backwards? Also did you have your op-amp in the pedal? It's not in your trouble shooting pictures so that's why I ask. can you also confirm the orientation of D100? I cannot tell based on your images. There is also an awful lot of flux on your board by the ground wire from the footswitch, you might want to clean that up to confirm it's not the issue.

Thanks for the reply. Sorry it took me a min. I think it’s fixed. I cleaned (re-cleaned) the board and replaced a cap. It was getting a slight buzz when I touched it so I replaced it. My wife pilfered my work lamp for a project so it was hard for me to see all the leftover flux. sure showed up with the pic flash tho. Lol
Goes to show the importance of good light!
That probably was it. Or somewhere else as I gave it a serious scrub.
Still wondering about the circuit having power when switched off. This may be normal and the way it’s supposed to be. Kind of like standby.
Thanks again

Thanks for the reply. Sorry it took me a min. I think it’s fixed. I cleaned (re-cleaned) the board and replaced a cap. It was getting a slight buzz when I touched it so I replaced it. My wife pilfered my work lamp for a project so it was hard for me to see all the leftover flux. sure showed up with the pic flash tho. Lol
Goes to show the importance of good light!
That probably was it. Or somewhere else as I gave it a serious scrub.
Still wondering about the circuit having power when switched off. This may be normal and the way it’s supposed to be. Kind of like standby.
Thanks again
They are powered when their off just not allowing sound through the circuit unless its a buffered bypass .

Back