SOLVED X2 vhs problems.

Teddeeh

So i have 2 VHS’s. One the signal only goes through the chorus and reverb, and the other there is no signal atall.
the boxed one has the chorus and reverb signal, the out of box one has nothing. I changed the eeprom around and different tl072’s but no change. 09348B92-A425-4310-994C-4D31A8D658C0.jpeg D4ECF61B-5DD4-49B2-936B-EF979454AD51.jpeg BEF4B38D-7EEF-4C20-87B4-7E05B7A572B6.jpeg

Regarding the one that does pass signal... Does it still pass audio when the boost is on? Does the boost LED light?

The boost circuit is always in the signal path, it just switches from a boost to a unity gain buffer. If signal is passing but you have no boost the most likely culprits (aside from solder splash, etc) would be the toggle switch or the boost pot itself.

There's a short of some sort across the boost pot then...

I'd remove C13 (470pF) just to eliminate that as a problem, but it's unlikely.

If there are no solder splashes pretty much the only thing left is the toggle switch. Switch it back and forth several times quickly and see if maybe the contacts are stuck on one side.

My sincere apologies- its been a hell of a week. I will be investigating the second vhs asap so i will reply here when i can. I dont think the noise floor changed atall.

To make one you pretty much just need a jack socket, piece of insulated wire and a cap. If you also have an alligator clip that will certainly help. A bit of heatshrink and an old multimeter lead will make it really fancy. Just google for audio probe and you will find heaps of posts on how to make it and use it.

Back