XC Phase not phasing in both 2 and 4 stages

DangerMuffin

Just finished building the XC Phase and I've gotten it to phase on the 2 stage setting but I can't get it to phase on 4 stages. I also don't hear any difference between the Block and Script settings.

Comparing it to a phase 9 in Amplitube the 2 stage Block sounds right, though I'm getting a volume cut on the pedal as a whole. Checked my voltages at the power and ground pads at the power in and at the footswitch and it seems ok.

I had to swap the 2N4125 with a 2N4124 NPN, I couldn't find any 2N4125 NPN transistors like the parts list called for. Should this have been a PNP transistor?

20220309_222219.jpg

Reactions: fig
Are you JFETs matched? Have you adjusted the trimpot?

I adjusted the trim pot as best I could be ear, and I both the JFETs matched already from GuitarPCB. I have no idea where the attachment went for my multimeter to check them.

Looks like the problem is that 2N4124 NPN BJT. Looking at the schematic closer it is clearly a PNP transistor. Gonna hunt around if I have a2N4125 floating around or try to swap it out with a 2N4126 I have and see if that does the trick, otherwise its waiting on Tayda.

I'm not thrilled on the oversized 10nF film caps I had to use either, I got some smaller ones now I will probably swap out for too.

Aren't you also missing C1(10nf)?
No its just on the bottom on the board, since I didn't have 7x2.5mm ones i used some big fatties. Though if I have to pull out a transistor I'll swap them for some 7x2.5mm ones I just got.

Do you think I can get away with a 2N4126 PNP? it's 25v max instead of 30v, and 250MHz instead of 200Mhz. Sorry if these are dumb questions I'm still new to not building from kits.

No its just on the bottom on the board, since I didn't have 7x2.5mm ones i used some big fatties. Though if I have to pull out a transistor I'll swap them for some 7x2.5mm ones I just got.

Do you think I can get away with a 2N4126 PNP? it's 25v max instead of 30v, and 250MHz instead of 200Mhz. Sorry if these are dumb questions I'm still new to not building from kits.
Did this ever work?

Back