XC Phase - where to get matched quad 2N5952 JFETs?

mkstewartesq

Title really says it all. Seems like everyone is out of stock (apart from buying them individually from Tayda but I really have no way (either in knowledge or equipment) of testing a batch to try to find four that are close in value. I’ve tried various of the usual suspects sites like Stompboxparts and Smallbear. Any ideas or suggestions?

Thank you.
Mike

Title really says it all. Seems like everyone is out of stock (apart from buying them individually from Tayda but I really have no way (either in knowledge or equipment) of testing a batch to try to find four that are close in value. I’ve tried various of the usual suspects sites like Stompboxparts and Smallbear. Any ideas or suggestions?

Thank you.
Mike
Did you try guitarpcb.com?

I did. They are out as well (also, it looks like they were significantly more expensive than, say, Smallbear, for a matched set – but if that’s the only game in town, that’s the only game in town. But none available anyhow).

I can’t say how your results would be with the XC phase but I’ve had nothing but good success using 4 smd 5457 (or whatever) taken off the strip in order, for any fet phasers. They have pretty tight tolerances these days. Most through-hole fet sorting these days is re-sorting something that was likely sorted, but not cataloged, once before.

aye, last 2 fet based phasers, I just got few dozen smd on adapter boards from Aion and used the simple matcher circuit on most diy forums, likely not the 'right' results but anything within 5% was made a group and IF, and I did find, some were within 1 point(752,753.. etc) it's what I used and they work fine. Just turn them around/about until the pins match.

Thank you all. Still evaluating my options- whether to go with the 5457s from Lectri-Fox or wiait for the others to come back into stock at GPCB. Luckily for me, this build is several pedals down the road, so I have some time.

Back