YADA

Fuzzonaut

Yet Another Dunwich Apostle.

As I jumped on these PCBs as soon as they were available on Osh Park, I ended up with 3 of them (order minimum). In the first one I built, I left out the FAC rotary, the second one went together with the Cisneros Tone Generator into a world destroying double pedal and for this one, I chose JJ as an enclosure, because on bass, they just sound better than BB.

It's a two amps in a box pedal, so at least one jewel light was mandatory.

There are a few boatloads of volume available, I guess it could easily drive a power amp. Having GAIN and BOOST knobs lets you shape clean to overdriven sounds as desired. Having two tone stacks (MODE switch) adds even more flexibility.
I sure like this circuit.

apostle-jj.jpeg

apostle-jj-g.jpeg

Beautiful build !

Do you have 11 positions on the rotary switch ? I wonder which FAC settings are the most interesting, in your experience ?

How would you describe the difference between OR-120 and GT-120 ?

I can hear it does something, but I am not sure what exactly...

If you have some switch popping noise on activation, I can recommend a 10n DC blocking cap, replies #13 and #23 :

Last edited:
Beautiful build !

Do you have 11 positions on the rotary switch ? I wonder which FAC settings are the most interesting, in your experience ?

How would you describe the difference between OR-120 and GT-120 ?

I can hear it does something, but I am not sure what exactly...

If you have some switch popping noise on activation, I can recommend a 10n DC blocking cap, replies #13 and #23 :

Merci et the FAC has 11 different positions, yes. There are 2-3 cool positions on the bassy side, and then it's a bit boring for a few turns until it gets interesting again, for my taste on bass. I'll also add that I enlarged the proposed span on the rotary of 1-68NF to 1-95NF.

Then, I'd say the OR side sounds like it has a bit more bite, it's more aggressive.

There's a short clip of my first build, where I flip the switch in the middle, at 0:40. The second half has a bit more ..... sizzle?

Sweet build, and now I'm wondering do I want/need a JJ in my life?

I wish I'd jumped on the Oshpark — I didn't realise stuff on the Purple-PCB-Site could be taken down.

At least I can get a Dunwich fix at GCI still. I've got some of the ELS, have popped a Widogast and am working on the graphics...

Back