Yassmaster

Mentaltossflycoon

So here I come again with a build report disclaimer:

I didn't post this here with the intent to offend you. If you find atheist pro lgbtq+ content offensive move along. I have a non binary friend in the film industry, makeup artist, who defaces goodwill donated religious art. The pieces became popular so they made them into stickers. I just enjoyed them enough that I put them on a few enclosures to celebrate pride. I'll go gutshots first.

Madbean boom boom makes for a mean little brassmaster. I enjoy the fuzzdog version that I have already built but the extra control and smaller box means it might actually leave the house with me. Root beer powder coat looks surprisingly good. Who'd have thought I needed brown glitter this whole time?
Screenshot_20220626-165026_Gallery.jpg Screenshot_20220626-165009_Gallery.jpg

I liked how the yassmaster turned out so much I put another drag Jesus on this son of ben that I had lazily labeled "BPA." The sticker doesn't look as good on the orange but the guy I gave the benson to loves it. Though I gifted it out, I'll probably make another eventually. I just thought his hot rod deluxe needed a little something.
Screenshot_20220626-181555_Gallery.jpg Screenshot_20220626-165052_Gallery.jpg

About to sit down with the bass vi right now.
that’s the ticket right there! A Brassmaster, a VI, and a Wah is an easy way for me to lose dozens of hours messing around with Soft Machine style fusion improvs
The strangle switch, as I’m sure you know, tends to act almost as a “clean switch” with most fuzzes, but I’ve found that in the case of Brassmasters, the strange switch on and the tone rolled to 50% gives an incredibly pronounced octave effect beyond even the extreme octaving that the Brassmaster is infamous for.

They look great.

As an Australian my first thought was "Why is someone making a pedal that refers to Yass?"

(It's a small town on the country's busiest interstate highway, familiar to anyone who's traveled by road between Melbourne and Sydney &/or Canberra.)

They look great.

As an Australian my first thought was "Why is someone making a pedal that refers to Yass?"

(It's a small town on the country's busiest interstate highway, familiar to anyone who's traveled by road between Melbourne and Sydney &/or Canberra.)
I have actually traveled by tourbus through all three. No recollection of Yass though.

Yeah come to think of it, I may have been a 19 year old nw American beer snob suddenly allowed to have all the sheaf and VB I could get my hands on. That trip likely shaved a few years of my life expectancy. I'm no rockstar though, it was a >100 piece orchestra. Tourbusses.

• Love
Reactions: fig
Back