Your feedback will be appreciated.... then quickly dismissed...

jhaneyzz

So I had this idea... a Hillbilly Multi-effects Unit and am deep in the process of working it all out.

I purchased a metal socket set case from the 40s and am planning out how to allocate effects to each of the six slots.

I've been building boatloads of effects to audition to fill out this beastie.

What are your thoughts on the right set of effects, right to left to give all them great roots-rock sounds?

And yes, apparently I have decided that a Klon is required at the front of a Hillbilly roots-rock pedal board.... I live in a slightly altered universe from y'all...

MicrosoftTeams-image.png

MicrosoftTeams-image (1).png

Hmmmm...

Hillbilly | Phaser..... possibly, but will still be on the lifeboat when we prioritize the seats...

I do have a PedalPCB XC Phase ready to build on my workbench right now, so maybe you're a prophet (kinda doubt it, but...)
I just finished a PedalPCB Simulcast last week and I'm still trying to decide what I think.

It's a good candidate for the Boost category.
What do you like most about it?

< jimbo, channeling his inner hilbilly > "Son... hillbilly roak aint got nuttin to do with frikin country muzak.... I'm not puttin some does-nothing pedal under my precious foot in may dang rock-box..."

Compression is for cork sniffers... change my mind...

That rant aside, TJ, I am definilty leaning toward Reverb over Delay. IN the second photo you can see that I was trying to ocnvince myself to use Delay then Trem, but I finished a Sproing Deluxe today and I'm liking that at the end of the chain right now.

Waylon used a phaser a ton, right?
Waylon.... doh!

OK, Forget I ever said Hillbilly.

Think Garage Mechanic who started a band covering Jeff Tweedy (all bands), The old 97's, and Pearl Jam, (but only the good Pearl Jam) bought himself a telecaster at the pawn shop and got is friend who is a DIY pedal nerd to build a bunch of Vero board pedals "'cause I can't affort the real thing, and damn. them commercial pedals aint got the soul of Jimmy's hand soldered stuff."

Work with me here,,, this is performance art...

@Harry Klippton lets flesh out the back story here Our protagonist (the <former hillbilly> now Americana rock guitartist who needs a toobok pedal board, needs a name, I was thinking Stewart but I'm not married to that. We've established that his pedal building friend is Jimmy. (no idea where that came from)

This is the quality style of posting I keep coming back to this forum for. It's even got character development now :)

Are you planing on using an EP-3 boost after your (red) dirt section? I've basically always seen it come first, as a magic artisanal tonal seasoning. That's how I do it too.

This is the quality style of posting I keep coming back to this forum for. It's even got character development now :)

Are you planing on using an EP-3 boost after your (red) dirt section? I've basically always seen it come first, as a magic artisanal tonal seasoning. That's how I do it too.

"fish on!, fish on!" (deep sea fishing term for when you hit the jackpot...)
Well... Stuart (as we are calling him for now) has been playing his beat up old Les Paul Special with dual P-90s (about $120 at guitar center, about $1.20 in a pawn shop) straight into a fender Deluxe reverb he inherited from his great uncle for a few years, but is a bit new to this whole pedal thing. He's heard that a boost before dirt is great, but also that a boost at the end (before modulation is also cool) (just make this louder).

His current thinking is klon in front an EP Boost in back. with some magical grit and grind potential in the middle. or is that too much boosting, not enough dancing?

I am.. er... Stu, is currently in LOVE with the Special Cranker (PedalPCB Special K for instance) and a Rat kinda has that quintessence thing going for it. He's thus far turned his nose up at green pedals (remind him of vegetables)
slot wise current thinking is.
  1. Magic "always on" pedal
  2. Dirt
  3. Other dirt
  4. Make louder
  5. Reverb
  6. Trem
And if you don't feel free to assassinate poor stupid Stu's caveman like thinking here you aren't yet in the spirit of the thread. (we could drag this out for months...

Hillbillies need torchin' & twang'n, so don't be prejudiced and squeeze a little Byrdhouse in your soul.

Hillbillies are dirty sonsa... on all levels and... need a hair cut, so put a Chop Shop in there.
Hillbillies need some hammerin'-n-stammerin', so put a woodpecker where your ... sockets go.

Hillbillies need slappin', so put a slap-back delay in there. (Top picks: Hydra, Magnetron, Seabed, Spirit Box — the last having reverb, too.)

Hillbillies are frEQy, so y'all need something frEQy dEQy that has six shots. (Can be a boost, too)

Hillbillies are wild'n's, so play a wild-card in there somewhere... Awful Waffle or Thunder Chicken or *gasp* mad modulation ...

Hillbilly-bonus — an order switcher stomper in the middle under the enclosure's logo.

<respect!>

I’m gonna like it here…
But I, I mean Stu, draws the line at messing with the Duro logo…

Waylon.... doh!

OK, Forget I ever said Hillbilly.

Think Garage Mechanic who started a band covering Jeff Tweedy (all bands), The old 97's, and Pearl Jam, (but only the good Pearl Jam) bought himself a telecaster at the pawn shop and got is friend who is a DIY pedal nerd to build a bunch of Vero board pedals "'cause I can't affort the real thing, and damn. them commercial pedals aint got the soul of Jimmy's hand soldered stuff."

Work with me here,,, this is performance art...
I’d love to play in that band.

Stu would really like both the Pendulum and the Seabed. I really like the idea of an order switcher between the delay and trem; I can set the Pendulum to get spooky close to the trem in my amp (Allen Encore with bias trem), and just last night was enjoying the differences between using the amp (end of chain), or the Pendulum (pre-delay).

Back