New profile posts

Taking a break to play guitar more and put together a tele
Hi, I'm a new member here, though have been building pedals for years. Back a while you did a trace of the Vertex Boost. Any chance you still have and can forward me the schematic? Many thanks, John
Greetings! I'm in over my head, I've done ZERO research, I have unreasonable expectations, and I've come to ask you all to Google my unformed uninformed questions for me.
Greetings, Searched around and you seem knowledgeable on "Cry Baby" builds. Put together a "Tear Jerker" & it's clean. Set with dip switch 6 on (been told like the original).

Sounds great but in bypass if I move away from heel down I get an insane air raid siren sound.

Any idea why that would happen in bypass?

I know the original had a lot of tone suck issues in bypass..

Help would be much appreciated.
J
jonitto
Not sure how to post a pic but I can send, wouldn't let me send a Google photo link.
Chuck D. Bones
Chuck D. Bones
How about posting this in the Troubleshooting forum?
Reactions: fig
Hey. Saw your post... Did you ever get your Teensy-controlled tap tempo working? I'm pursuing a similar pedal using a SAMD21 and was curious how difficult it was overcoming the problems PPCB pointed out (calibration / lookup tables to make it accurate).
No such thing as too much fuzz I say as I place another order of 5 fuzz boards
fig
fig
careful...my mom always said if you play too much fuzz your face will....wait...if you fuzz your, no that's not it either...oh well fuzz on!
finebyfine
finebyfine
You can’t eat your meat if you don’t eat your fuzz!
Reactions: fig
Really i just wanna finishing my DOD250. Problems linking jack stereo e mono and wiring 3pdt switch get me crazy! anyone has the beginner solution for it (question mark).
Just ordering my first PCB’s! Can’t wait to get started!
Wondering if there are any recommendations on something else that might be an easy one to start off with?
Dan0h
Dan0h
The Son of Benson is a great one.
K
KevTom23
I'd start off with a board with a low parts count and inexpensive components.

How experienced are you at soldering? What's your build set-up?
irvmuller
irvmuller
Many fuzzes tend to have a low number of parts. I would maybe look there.

If you haven't soldered much just take your time. It took me a little while to get good at it. I tend to use thinner solder for PCBs from here and that works well for me.

Check out this workflow post.