Aion Andromeda Deluxe

DailyDovetails

Here is my second Aion board. I really like this one. The controls were a little confusing at first. I actually read the manual for it which I normally don’t need to do for a drive pedal. It can do scouped or boosted mids and the ODC control offers more fine tuning of the soft clipping than the typical switch with diodes. It may experiment with the clipping bit in future mods. Anyone know if there are any circuits that have this dual stage configuration as hard clippers?

1715641593123.jpeg
1715641607006.jpeg
1715641622748.jpeg
1715641657906.jpeg
The build was easy with the exception of having no room for the 1uf caps. Some are mounted on the other side.

Build looks MINT!

I've seen builds that mix hard-clipping, if that's what you mint by dual-stage configuration".

VFE has some, such as the Distortion³, Blues King, and a couple others I think but can't think of specifically which other ones.
VFE's Fiery Red Horse is a Muff with mixed clipping on the second clipping stage.
(Get VFE boards from MadBean.)

I'm sure there are a few others besides VFE's, just can't remember.

Check out AMZ for Jack Orman's Warp control, but wait! There's MORE!

Build looks MINT!

I've seen builds that mix hard-clipping, if that's what you mint by dual-stage configuration".

VFE has some, such as the Distortion³, Blues King, and a couple others I think but can't think of specifically which other ones.
VFE's Fiery Red Horse is a Muff with mixed clipping on the second clipping stage.
(Get VFE boards from MadBean.)

I'm sure there are a few others besides VFE's, just can't remember.

Check out AMZ for Jack Orman's Warp control, but wait! There's MORE!
I have done a few that have a mix of hard and soft clipping. This one actually does even.
1715654820301.jpeg

The ODC knob on this gradually takes you from compressed turned left to harsh/grit/open turned right. I’m curious if there are any pedals that have this for hard clipping. Like could I put this on a rat and go from standard rat to turbo rat and everything in between?

Those links have a lot of good info I haven’t come across those yet. I actually think there are going to answer a lot of question I have been thinking about lately.

I have done a few that have a mix of hard and soft clipping. This one actually does even.
View attachment 75050

The ODC knob on this gradually takes you from compressed turned left to harsh/grit/open turned right. I’m curious if there are any pedals that have this for hard clipping. Like could I put this on a rat and go from standard rat to turbo rat and everything in between?

Those links have a lot of good info I haven’t come across those yet. I actually think there are going to answer a lot of question I have been thinking about lately.

Yeah, in one of the links I sent, Warp9 would get you there — just replace the Ge with LEDs:
warp9.gif < Jack Orman's Warp9

The Warp9 is essentially what Peter VonRutter uses in the Distortion³, and the Blues King.
The VFE schems call for pot values of W200k former and W20k latter, respectively.
You can download the build-docs from Madbean for both the Dist³ and BKing to see exactly what is going on with them.

Back