Cobalt Drive -- where in the circuit is C9?

Surgo

I'm looking to build a Cobalt Drive, and I was able to source (almost) everything from Tayda except for the 220pf capacitor. For whatever reason, Tayda doesn't seem to have NP0/C0G MLCC capacitors in 220pf. Very annoying!

I'm very unfamiliar with the circuit. Does anyone who have some familiarity, could you tell me -- is this capacitor in the audio path? If so I'll probably just try to find one elsewhere and gulp down the extra shipping cost. If not I'll use one of the X7R capacitors they do have.

edit: Looks like it's part of a passive filter arrangement. I'm no expert but I'm guessing that should probably be a class 1 capacitor like NP0, yeah?

Last edited:
I'm looking to build a Cobalt Drive, and I was able to source (almost) everything from Tayda except for the 220pf capacitor. For whatever reason, Tayda doesn't seem to have NP0/C0G MLCC capacitors in 220pf. Very annoying!

I'm very unfamiliar with the circuit. Does anyone who have some familiarity, could you tell me -- is this capacitor in the audio path? If so I'll probably just try to find one elsewhere and gulp down the extra shipping cost. If not I'll use one of the X7R capacitors they do have.

edit: Looks like it's part of a passive filter arrangement. I'm no expert but I'm guessing that should probably be a class 1 capacitor like NP0, yeah?
I have used both NP0/C0G and X7R and can’t tell an audible difference. Not saying there’s no difference and if using x7r or film or whatever rather than NP0/C0G is gonna be a burr in your saddle blanket, you may want to try Digikey or mouser or another vendor. I actually can’t tell a difference between mlcc and ceramic disc fwiw.

Back