Madbean Glitchee

Mentaltossflycoon

I'm a big fan of the bit commander type octave and this is in that family. Though I have an arcadiator on my board, the glitchee is different enough that it doesn't feel completely redundant. There is no octave up, just the fuzz unison, octave down, and 2 octave down voices with an envelope filter effect. The blend isn't a clean blend, it's just blending back in unfiltered fuzz/octaves. The little pots I used were of varying shaft type/material so they are a little more crooked than I'd like.

The octave interacts with the filter differently than when I play my arcadiator into my snow white auto wah. That combo results in the filter opening more the higher you play rather than the articulation. I like both. I'd imagine that if there's a person out there that has a meatball/qtron+ with a fuzz and an octaver in its loop for only one song, this could save them an acre of pedalboard space.

Somehow this is my first madbean project since my first two pedal builds, a few sabretooths (sabreteeth?) around 2010. Won't be my last. Cream knobs to be replaced as they were the only set of 4 smalls I had.

Screenshot_20220214-230744_Gallery.jpg Screenshot_20220214-230730_Gallery.jpg

Last edited:
Back