Moon Space - Sandspur Fuzz with BC108s

KR Sound

Had fun doing this one and I think I spent more time on the design and paint than I did building it. It’s such a nice smooth sound and is going to a friend of mine. It’s been a couple of weeks since I built the board, I don’t remember what the BC108s measured- around 500 I think.

998A8C63-D78A-4343-A1C2-C8CEF81ED8FB.jpeg

298D4CFD-A721-4882-8E89-5AE025060D63.jpeg

3C875C31-FEC6-4D24-B788-5748C4894A02.jpeg

Is that.. is that not normal?? :ROFLMAO:

I really dig that graphic- great work!

Thanks a lot. Well, this time took a bit longer because I had to paint the damn thing 3 times. I knocked over the stand it was on after I applied the last coat the first time. Got crap all over it so I let it dry then sanded off most of it with my belt sander. Second time I grabbed the wrong box to cover it as it dried, and a bunch of sawdust fell on the wet paint. SMH.

Thanks a lot. Well, this time took a bit longer because I had to paint the damn thing 3 times. I knocked over the stand it was on after I applied the last coat the first time. Got crap all over it so I let it dry then sanded off most of it with my belt sander. Second time I grabbed the wrong box to cover it as it dried, and a bunch of sawdust fell on the wet paint. SMH.
Wait, that's all hand painted?!

@Feral Feline that used to happen to me a lot too where I'd need a confidence booster build to get back on track and get my head in the game after catastrophe. It probably still would happen but I'm not building shit right now

I always spend way more time on the finish and art design than I do on the circuit. The only time it has been different was the modded electrovibe I built. I love and hate doing art work. So that one was a break.
I have been using clear acrylate lacquer to top coat my decals. Once dry it will buff easily to get most of the crud off that landed on it while drying. Which happwns every freakin time no matter what I do to the paint room..lol
I am always excited to see someone else's artwork and here someone else's playing in a Build Report.

Great looking pedal man!!!

That looks awesome.. what do you use for decals and how do you seal them?

Thanks man. I’m use this water slide paper and spray it with three coats of clear enamel. Once it’s on, I spray the pedal another coat or two of the enamel.

E398C82D-2FBA-4E7B-8129-BCF61222B68B.jpeg

4631F28D-4E38-48C4-8DB9-55C353BD1B3E.jpeg

No, you can see the decal edge

Just to point out my haste in finally getting past the painting- that’s not the edge, it’s a light grey line that I was supposed to cut to n the inside of. 🤦🏼‍♂️ I didn’t notice til it was too late. Oh well.

Just to point out my haste in finally getting past the painting- that’s not the edge, it’s a light grey line that I was supposed to cut to n the inside of. 🤦🏼‍♂️ I didn’t notice til it was too late. Oh well.
Ahh my apologies. I see it now, the border. Lotsa people spend a lot of time on their pedal-artwork to make sure the border lines up nicely along the edges — yours is perfect! ;)

Back