Parasit Studio Sidescroller

p_wats

Took a long time off building then came back and built 10 pedals in the last few weeks! Someone asked me for a fuzz with up/down octave options and was keen on a Bit Commander, but the transformer for that was out of stock, so we went with the Parasit Studio Sidescroller MK2, which has fewer octave options, but adds an LFO for the PWM. Decided to build one for myself at the same time.

Silly mistakes were made (and corrected) in both the build and the finish (both were re-sprayed at least once and the labelling was a bit of a nightmare as my paint pens were all dried up), but I'm happy with the result. Need to charge more if I'm going to put this much time/effort in though, but that's on me.

A very wild pedal overall--glitchy, hard to tame and the tracking isn't great on multiple notes, but has some excellent sweet spots for riffs/leads.

20230630_141000.jpg 20230630_141040.jpg

The red one is now at its new home. Such a gnarly circuit. Didn't appreciate the internal sensitivity trimmer until I tried moving it around to different spots in my chain. Sounds great going into a phaser.

Love your hand-style on the labelling. I thought that was a print at first glance!

The pressure of hand-lettering in a natural style like that and needing to get it right on the first go is intense.

Nice Job!

Love your hand-style on the labelling. I thought that was a print at first glance!

The pressure of hand-lettering in a natural style like that and needing to get it right on the first go is intense.

Nice Job!
Thanks! It's been a while and this was a new method (dip pen using a bottle of ink meant to refill paint pens that had dried out). Definitely took more than one try, but I've gotten good at learning how to wipe it off. Ha

Still stressful, but also one of my favourite parts of putting a build together for some reason

Back