120p in Thermionic builds...

Willybomb

Gudday all. I built a Thermionic OD way back when with one of the original or 2nd run boards. I swapped the 120p out for a 1.5n and that pedal, from memory, didn't have any squeal or whistle as a result. I certainly didn't need a buffer in it, and it's since been sold. I've built the Thermionic Deluxe stock, no whistle, but I find the BE-OD side a bit noisy compared to the Shirley, and I don't recall the first one with the mod being noisy.

Is that a mod people are still doing? I have an older PCB that I'm about to finish populating test, and a clone that has been boxed but has the whine on certain settings (even with a buffer in front, although putting a DS-1 in front of that kills the noise and whine).

Original build included for reference (the BE-OD has been dual gain channeled, and the whole box swaps between the 22308907_1682826915113305_452739449047552910_n (Medium).jpg BE-OD and a modified Fetto).

Ok, so an update - did upped the 120p to 1n5 in two boards (one a pedalpcb board, the other not), and it removed the squeal in both. The PEdalpcb board is substantially quieter than the other BE-OD board.

Back