1590B Top-Mount Jacks Measurements

Cybercow

Some folks were asking about a template for top mounted jacks on 1590B. While I don't have a template, I did record my measurements.
It uses Lumberg KLB-3 mono 1/4" jacks and a Lumberg 2.1mm non-switched DC jack. The spacing is right-on enough to use lock washers on the inside for the 1/4" jacks.

After completing four identical builds with these precise measurements, a fellow FB DIY member, Zack Slater, worked up a 3-D printed drill template for me. Once they arrive, I'll confirm they work as well as my hand-measurements worked.

Note the drilled holes for two pots that appear beneath the tangs of the 1/4" jacks. They still clear enough space for either 9mm or 16mm pots (even when the 16mm pots have the plastic pot shield that typically come with Tayda 16mm pots. So nothing touches. The clearances are close tho.

NOTE: This will NOT work for the switched DC jacks - they're just too large to accommodate the hardware in such a tight space.

Attachments

• 1590B_TopMount_Drill_Points_00.png
    1590B_TopMount_Drill_Points_00.png
    1.3 MB · Views: 283
  • 1590B_TopMount_Drill_Points_Marked_01.jpg
    1590B_TopMount_Drill_Points_Marked_01.jpg
    565.8 KB · Views: 275
  • 1590B_TopMount_Drill_Points_Marked_02.jpg
    1590B_TopMount_Drill_Points_Marked_02.jpg
    482 KB · Views: 210
  • 1590B_TopMount_Drill_Points_Marked_03.jpg
    1590B_TopMount_Drill_Points_Marked_03.jpg
    512.1 KB · Views: 138
  • 1590B_TopMount_Drill_Points_Marked_04.jpg
    1590B_TopMount_Drill_Points_Marked_04.jpg
    541.4 KB · Views: 161
  • 1590B_TopMount_Drill_Points_Marked_05.jpg
    1590B_TopMount_Drill_Points_Marked_05.jpg
    514.7 KB · Views: 205
Damn! I could've used this for my Cowgirl pedal.

Due to components and a partially pre-drilled enclosure, I had to go even closer to the edge of the enclosure.
That in turn required shaving the lip off the backing-plate, where the jacks sit.

HOWEVAH... I later found a cool tip/trick over at MadBean of sticking a small bit of wire between the Lumbergs and enclosure that pushes the Lumbergs in just enough so that the lid doesn't need its lip shaved.

Wish I'd known about the wire trick before taking a grinder to the Cowgirl's lip...

Thanks for the drill template!

Some folks were asking about a template for top mounted jacks on 1590B. While I don't have a template, I did record my measurements.
It uses Lumberg KLB-3 mono 1/4" jacks and a Lumberg 2.1mm non-switched DC jack. The spacing is right-on enough to use lock washers on the inside for the 1/4" jacks.

After completing four identical builds with these precise measurements, a fellow FB DIY member, Zack Slater, worked up a 3-D printed drill template for me. Once they arrive, I'll confirm they work as well as my hand-measurements worked.

Note the drilled holes for two pots that appear beneath the tangs of the 1/4" jacks. They still clear enough space for either 9mm or 16mm pots (even when the 16mm pots have the plastic pot shield that typically come with Tayda 16mm pots. So nothing touches. The clearances are close tho.

NOTE: This will NOT work for the switched DC jacks - they're just too large to accommodate the hardware in such a tight space.
Template should work fine. Your measurements are pretty dead on with mine. I’ve been putting almost all of my pedal pcb builds in 1590b’s. The only ones I couldn’t fit were the 6-band eq and the kliche mini. Some require machining out the sides of the enclosure a bit. On a second look, I believe my I/O jacks are approx 3mm closer to each other to clear the screw posts a little more. I’ll have to double check.

Well, just yesterday I took on that challenge for the first time. The first enclosure, on the left, had the jacks too close. Had to grind the lip. Second one, on the right, was almost perfect 🙄, but at least I didn't have to grind the lip. I didn't see that I was off that much till the damage was done! 😂

Attachments

• 16224164217563187978698944164911.jpg
    16224164217563187978698944164911.jpg
    453.8 KB · Views: 91
Giovanni - The set Zack Slater made for me as a custom request work just fine. Contact (find) him and see if he'll do you up a set.

Laser engraver? It looks very cool.
Thanks - I wish - iron on toner transfer. Pretty robust.
Since the plates come 'off' I can get the transfer to work pretty well.

At this point my pedalboard is almost all 1590B (takes some doing!) PedalPCB. The Gravitation Reverb and Magnetron delay are likely gong to bump off my TC Alter Ego and T2 Reverb. :)

Back