6 Band EQ - Slider pot question...

EGRENIER

I'm trying to finalize my BOM for the 6 band EQ. The build document calls for a 15mm Slide Pot (30mm Travel) - B50K value and conveniently provides the Tayda part number A-4293. But of course, Tayda is out of stock. So I looked for option and found this one:

It appears to me the exact same but with a dust seal.

Will it do ?

My concerns are the pin out and if the dust seal may make to think to fit the assembly.

Many thanks...

I'm trying to finalize my BOM for the 6 band EQ. The build document calls for a 15mm Slide Pot (30mm Travel) - B50K value and conveniently provides the Tayda part number A-4293. But of course, Tayda is out of stock. So I looked for option and found this one:

It appears to me the exact same but with a dust seal.

Will it do ?

My concerns are the pin out and if the dust seal may make to think to fit the assembly.

Many thanks...
The pinout is different unfortunately

These have been recommended as a replacement, and they’re what I’ve bought, but I haven’t built it yet. Others seem to have had very good luck with them though. I would have preferred the durability of metal shafts, but oh well. https://www.taydaelectronics.com/90...20k-tone-control-potentiometer-pcb-mount.html

The pinout is different unfortunately

These have been recommended as a replacement, and they’re what I’ve bought, but I haven’t built it yet. Others seem to have had very good luck with them though. I would have preferred the durability of metal shafts, but oh well. https://www.taydaelectronics.com/90...20k-tone-control-potentiometer-pcb-mount.html

Thank, is it a straight up swap or is there other adjustment (resistor, caps, etc.) required for them to work ?

I took a peek the 6-band EQ development thread and saw your post (last one) where you ask for height of the shaft relative to the plate, but I didn't see if some values needs to be substituted for the W20K to work.

Bump on this topic! I just picked up this board as well and cannot find the spec'd part.
FYI I followed the recommendation from @Bricksnbeatles and order the W20K. I have not built it, so I can't report on success. I also didn't have a response about changing other value if I was to use the W20K, but I assume I didn't need to change anything.

I recently built one with W20k sliders. Didn’t change any other value and it’s working exactly as I’d expect. Maybe the sweep is more sensitive in some area, but it’s not anything I’ve noticed.

Reactions: fig
I recently built one with W20k sliders. Didn’t change any other value and it’s working exactly as I’d expect. Maybe the sweep is more sensitive in some area, but it’s not anything I’ve noticed.
Thanks for the info, that's reassuring...

Couldn't one change one of the resistors tied to the pot itself to lower the sensitivity of the sweep? One of the 22k-24k resistors on each slide?

Back