6 prong C100k for Trembling Loon?

A_big_dumb_wookie

I accidentally ordered a six prong anti log from Tayda. Looking at the data sheet I THINK its the same circuit either set of pins. But I'm far from proficient at reading these diagrams and understanding them.

Anyway. I'm asking y'all to see if I can still use the ones I have and just use one set of the legs and still get the same effect for the loon. It calls for a c100 for the rate control.

Here is the pot in question.

Yes - you can use just one set of legs from that pot. However, note that it is a bit 'deeper' (thicker) than the other pots. Double-check the physical orientation (depth-wise) along with the other pots before committing to solder. Good luck!

And make sure it doesn't doesn't contact the solder pads when it's time to add pots to the board. Those deeper pots are bare metal, not shielded with a plastic cap, and the metal will sit flush to the side you solder which will cause issues. Check out figures 18 to 22 from the pinned post in this General Questions thread called "Basic Workflow Tips for Building a PedalPCB"

Thankfully the pot is sitting at the top right of the board so the bare metal should be away from anything it could short on aside from the input jack. I'll do a little diy shielding and also snip those unused legs to keep it nice and tidy.

Thanks for the help!

Back