6mm to 6.35mm Pot Shaft Adapter - Copper Snips Or DIY Method?

Ginsly

I have some 6mm shaft pots and all 6.35mm knobs. These copper inserts are available, but I really don't need to order much else at the moment: https://www.taydaelectronics.com/6mm-shaft-to-6-3-mm-shaft-adapter-sleeve.html

Anybody either use those or DIY it? I have to assume there is readily available tubing available that'd do the job - heck, maybe even wrapping some electric tape around it?? It's such a minor correction.

The tubing would have to have an inner diameter of 6mm and outer diameter of 6.35mm, obviously... Hardware stores don't love metric, so it's been tough to find! Think I'm stuck with those copper snips from Tayda...

My experience with those copper spacers is that they are absolute garbage. I wish I had a better option to offer but all I can say is that those things suck but they're probably your best bet.

Here, hold my beer-can...

Tin-snip shears and beer-can... not sure which beer brand. US-beer-cans used to be pretty-durned thin. Don't drink the stuff so don't know if they still are.

Add some epoxy or stupor-glue to hold it in place so the shim isn't coming off the shaft when you swap out different knobs or reset a loose one...

Copper shielding tape?

Check the plumbing store.

@peccary very good to know, thanks. Someone else in webland mentioned the 6mm inner dimension of those things was "a bit generous"...

@Feral Feline I have copper shielding tape! Great idea. I'll find out pretty quickly how many wraps it'll take.

Obviously I can just get new pots (which I will eventually) but I'd like to use what I have too!

Back