AC187 Transistor Orientation

flipmcneil

I am building a Kinetic fuzz and want to make sure I put the AC187 NPN transistor in the right orientation on the pcb. Is the yellow dot on the transistor supposed to match up with the tab on the pcb where the transistor sits? Or does it go in a different orientation? Thanks!

@flipmcneil thank you. I have two on order and installed sockets on the board for the transistors. I also bought a few assorted polystyrene capacitors for two guitar tone bleed circuits.

My tone bleed in my Telecaster is a bit bright and harsh and makes me grind my teeth at night.

RT

@flipmcneil thank you. I have two on order and installed sockets on the board for the transistors. I also bought a few assorted polystyrene capacitors for two guitar tone bleed circuits.

My tone bleed in my Telecaster is a bit bright and harsh and makes me grind my teeth at night.

RT
No problem. So far of all the fuzz pedals I've built, the Kinetic Fuzz is my favorite so far. If you turn it all the way up, it goes stupid and breaks up making some weird noises, but if you back it off just a hair, it sounds great.

Back