Aion Quantum toggle switch

Meat1984

I am new to this. Have built 3 mach1 pedals with great success. Have a friend who wants me to build the Quantum pedal. He has one request, can the toggle switch be removed and only use the Ibanez MT10 Mostortion setting. He is using the original MT10 with Mach1 behind it and loves the sound. Understandable wants to use MT10 only at studio or home and not gigging. I know it can be done but now sure how to wire it up on the board. Any suggestion would be appreciated.

Going from this schematic, you can see the three-position switch labeled "CLIP" (under the first op-amp). From the "Clipping Switch" notes:

The clipping switch allows you select between different sets of diodes.
The left position of the toggle switch is the stock MT-10 clipping arrangement, which has two silicon diodes in each direction. The right position of the toggle is one diodes in each direction, as in the Tube Screamer—a lower clipping threshold with a more compressed sound. The center position leaves only the LEDs for a more dynamic and transparent tone.

Emphasis mine. Per the schematic, you want to jumper switch pins 2 and 3. If I'm thinking this through correctly, that means you should jumper the middle and left holes of the clipping switch, if you are looking at the face of the PCB where the components go. (The switch and pots get soldered to the "back" of the board compared, while all the rest of the components get soldered to the "front"; so when looking at the front of the board, switch to the right means four total clipping diodes, and the switch in that position means the left two solder holes are jumpered.)

You can also leave out the clipped LEDs (D8 and D9), and the single clipping diodes (D6 and D7). If you bridge the switch correclty, it won't matter if they are in there or not, but you might as well leave them out.

You could also opt to build the PedalPCB Oxide Distortion which does not have the clipping switch (and should be true to the original Mostortion).

Thanks Matt. Yes i looked at the Oxide but my friend prefers the Quantum. We could find only one video on the oxide and it was not that good to compare the sound between the two.

Back