Black Mamba Tchula Ge Transistor?

Fontelroy

I've been trying to find some info on what transistor gets used in the Black Mamba Tchula. I owned one years ago and regret selling it. I never popped it open to see what was going on as it was before I started getting into diy'ing pedals. Anyone know what transistor may have been used?

Never built out a Black Mamba Tchula, but a quick search shows that it uses an Si 2N5088. I imagine most any hi-gain NPN Ge BJT could be used in it's place.

I came to the came conclusion, @Cybercow. I found this schematic on the effects layouts website:

But then I realized I was looking at the schematic for the Lovepedal Tchula. Is that the same circuit as the Black Mamba Tchula?

I came to the came conclusion, @Cybercow. I found this schematic on the effects layouts website:

But then I realized I was looking at the schematic for the Lovepedal Tchula. Is that the same circuit as the Black Mamba Tchula?
It would appear the Lovepedal Tchula and the Black Mamba Tchula are one and the same. Sometimes the word "Boost" is added to the reference.

Back