Boss GL 100 advice wanted

DailyDovetails

I have this Boss GL 100 that I like to use as a preamp. It does a lot of different overdrive and distortions. Some of what I have read about it says it does most of the Boss dirt pre 1983. I think the Dist 2 voice is supposed to be a HM-2, I think the flat voice kind of sounds like a Jazz Chorus. The eq does cuts and boosts and you can adjust the center of the mid frequencies. All that being said I enjoy playing through it quite a bit.

Recently the effects loops quit working. I’m guessing that it will be a relatively easy fix and I’m hoping will just need a replacement jack. It has a few other issues as well and that is where I’m hoping for some advice.

It has always been a little hissy and recently the eq has been a little funky and I keep having to bump the input volume to maintain the same volume level. I assume some of the electrolytics are going bad. I got it maybe 6 months ago and I think it had been sitting a while before that. My questions are should I replace all the electrolytics or just the ones that are starting to or have leaked? While I’m in there should I replace the ceramic caps with something else like MLCC or film and should I consider replacing some of the electrolytics with something else? If so would you replace only the ones in the direct audio path or would you do the ones going to ground and ref? I assume the large value caps should remain electrolytic.

Thank you for any suggestions.

Attachments

• IMG_6064.jpeg
    IMG_6064.jpeg
    636 KB · Views: 8
  • IMG_6065.jpeg
    IMG_6065.jpeg
    774.1 KB · Views: 7
  • IMG_6066.jpeg
    IMG_6066.jpeg
    491.4 KB · Views: 8
Back