Chop Shop - Capacitor Voltage

playedincanada

In the BOM list with the instructions with said Chop Shop, it says nothing about the Electrolytic Capacitors needing to be 25V, however on the screening on the PCB, it does say this. Can I get a clarification as to whether this is actually needed or if this has started to be the norm for revised circuits to have that on their even though they might not need it? I only ask because I have other ones, like the Argentum, or the Duocast that says in the Instructions/BOM that it has to be a minimum of 25V or 35V respectively. Maybe Robert has the answer, or someone else who's built the newer Chopshop can tell me if it worked without it? I'm 50% done building it and put a full stop on so I can get it clarified, so I don't waste any more time building something I can't finish.

Thanks,

-Played

The general advice is that have your capacitors rated to double the voltage of your power supply. So if using 9v for this pedal, then having caps to cover at least 18v. The main issue is you are only going to be able to buy a 16v or 25v capacitor. So it’s the safest option to go with 25v.

I did see the thread pertaining to the capacitors being double the voltage. I happen to have 10v and 16v.

If I am to get 25v I’d have to make and order and I’m trying to avoid that.

Back