Comments on this power supply appreciated!

MaxDB54

Comments on this power supply appreciated! It appears to meet the 9V, 1A specs. Tip Negative(-) design, 5.5mm x 2.1mm barrel connector.

I would appreciate a confirmation that this is the correct plug and polarity for the Arachnid.

I'm open to other suggestions. I need to buy 3 so I am willing to spend more but the price is right on these.

Power Supply

Thx!

Power check (1 A is more than enough), center negative check, barrel size... 2.1mm is the diameter of the inner pin... this looks standard... check. Make sure you get a standard DC jack on your build. All looks good to me. Readers, please chime in for any helpful comments.

sertanksalot thanks for the verification. I'll wait to pull the trigger to see if anyone else comments but I appreciate the reply!

Great forum! I just got all of my components and PCB's and hope to start soldering later this week.

Excited to build these and they will be gifts for friends so hopefully 3 successful builds!

I have built pedals before but I am also trying my hand at writing some custom FV-1 programs too. Gotta do something during this dang virus!

Thx!

Yes the specs/polarity are correct. My only concern is that I had a bad experience where a cheap supply was very noisy, definitely not what you want with an fv-1 circuit. This one might be totally fine, but there’s not very many reviews to go off of. Best might be to try one first before buying all three?

Another option could be this. Over 2000 mostly positive reviews. 500mA is plenty for the arachnid (100mA is enough). But less available if you want to daisy chain to power a whole board. If someone wants to do that I’d recommend a one spot, or better yet a full on power brick.

phi1...great advice. Maybe I'll buy one and try it with my Boss FX pedal and verify it's clean.

That one you linked isn't much more expensive either and gets good reviews too! Thx!

I have 2 of those Planet Waves 9v adapter, and they work fine.
I use an isolated power supply now (as I have to power 9 pedals), but didn't have an issue before with a handful of (not-power hungry) pedals through a 5-way splitter.
The only noise issue was when I had a digital pedal chained (if I recall, I think my friend, who's more knowledgeable than me on the subject, told me it was a problem between the digital pedal and the jfet in another).
Anyhow, the planet waves adapter is a good buy.

Last edited:
Back