Digital Delay Recommendations?

What I like about the Nova is that it's dead clean in digital mode. You can warm it up a bit in analog emulation. It has modulation that's subtle (I use it a lot for ambient washes with volume swells so it smears it a bit). The biggest selling point (or I'd likely have opted for a Line6 DL4) is the BPM display so I can match it to a click when needed.

Downside is I have to read the manual to work presets and I forget how to do it the next time I use it so I don't do presets. I'd rarely need them anyway.

From what I read the red version has an improved buffer but have never tried one. Novas have never been all that popular so they pop up on the cheap every now and then.

I agree with the sentiment here. I hate having to use software to get the most out of my hardware. But I have to say I have basically never used the tone print app or the programmable memory slots. I tried once some of the existing presets and that was that. My point is that the pedal is totally usable without tone print, at least for my needs.
The flashback is totally usable without them, for sure. My helix phaser, not so sure. I've had it for a few years now and every-time I try to get it to sound 'right', I end up looking for something on the toneprint app. Whatever, they're not the most egregious offenders when it comes to dreadful apps.

I have a DD-7 and it has a lot of bells a whistles for the minimal controls on it. I still like it . But if you were looking for DIY options I believe I have seen some threads on adding a tap tempo to a fv-1 build but I think there is probably some code out there for the terrarium as well

Back