Diode bypass switch for Percolation Station

marksescon

29F008C0-9FFF-46E9-B2BC-19BCFCFD4D1A.jpeg

Hello,

Hell, I am working on a Harmonic Percolator clone. I want to add a bypass switch as seen here: Link.

I have drawn up the following diagram. I will be using an SPDT ON/ON switch. Is my diagram correct in my thinking?

I'm confused. Can you draw that on the schematic in the build docs?

Is the idea to disconnect the diodes?
Sorry for delay in response.

Yes, the idea is to disconnect ("lift"?) the diodes. Here is a picture of my wiring diagram:

Attachments

• perclift.png
    perclift.png
    65.4 KB · Views: 36
Sorry for delay in response.

Yes, the idea is to disconnect ("lift"?) the diodes. Here is a picture of my wiring diagram:
Yeah it's a lot easier using a DPDT switch for an added diode mod.

So since D1 already has its anode to ground and the cathode to signal (check the schematic) you don't need a wire going to a ground pad. Also it's called a diode "lift" because it's no longer connected to ground or is now "lifted" above ground. so you do nothing to the other side of the switch. So it kind of looks like this. If we're getting nitpicky you should also switch the red wires around to correspond with how you have the diodes connected there.

Alternatively you can use an on/off/on switch and put some other diodes on the other side, giving you normal diodes/lift/new diodes as your options.

Attachments

• 1C701F7D-336A-4A65-9935-01229813B8F7.jpeg
    1C701F7D-336A-4A65-9935-01229813B8F7.jpeg
    84.6 KB · Views: 42
Yeah it's a lot easier using a DPDT switch for an added diode mod.

So since D1 already has its anode to ground and the cathode to signal (check the schematic) you don't need a wire going to a ground pad. Also it's called a diode "lift" because it's no longer connected to ground or is now "lifted" above ground. so you do nothing to the other side of the switch. So it kind of looks like this. If we're getting nitpicky you should also switch the red wires around to correspond with how you have the diodes connected there.

Alternatively you can use an on/off/on switch and put some other diodes on the other side, giving you normal diodes/lift/new diodes as your options.

Thank you. I just completed my build and this works. I appreciate your response.

Supernoob here. Connecting to just D1 lifts both diodes? I’m thinking about maybe doing a diode lift switch on the new knight school fuzz.

Supernoob here. Connecting to just D1 lifts both diodes? I’m thinking about maybe doing a diode lift switch on the new knight school fuzz.
You'd move D2 off the board to the switch where D1 is, make sure they're anti-parallel (facing opposite ways).

Try my diagram shown in another thread here.

Back