Do I have to use all the switches/pots?

gold_ninja

Hi,

I am considering getting a Daisy Seed & Terrarium board to build a guitar pedal, but for my current idea, I won't need all the switches and pots. Probably just two foot switches, and two or three pots. Will the Terrarium still work with the unused switch/pot sockets left untouched, or will I have to do something to them to make it work? To be clear, I mean that I don't want to physically install all the switches and pots.

Thanks in advance.

Last edited:
The Terrarium will still work if you don't populate all of the switches or pots. You obviously won't be able to use any pots/switches you don't solder to the board, but leaving those areas alone will not effect the usability of the pots & switches you do solder into place or the rest of the pedal.

The Terrarium will still work if you don't populate all of the switches or pots. You obviously won't be able to use any pots/switches you don't solder to the board, but leaving those areas alone will not effect the usability of the pots & switches you do solder into place or the rest of the pedal.
Thanks @sonic_explorer ! That's exactly the answer I was hoping for.

Back