Fat Rat

hamerfan

My next build shall be a Rat clone. This could be the Muroidea Distortion. While i watched different Rat versions on youtube i realized that the Fat switch really played great with a Strat. I looked everywhere for a schematic, but no avail. Can anyone help me?

I went with G Tranter's bass mod for the Rat, which Marcus copied as well:

There's two other ways Tranter showed to switch it up, but I went with the same way Marcus did.

I haven't tried the Reutz mod, but from everything I've read/demos I've heard I decided Tranter's mod was the way to go.
Sounded great with my Bass-Bass.

Yeah, I should've mentioned in my earlier post that I've seen components and circuit discussed, but never an actual schematic.

I did not mean to imply that anything in my previous post had anything to do with the Fat Rat circuit itself, just things to consider when fattening up a Rat.

It's a simple mod I think. You'll just need to whip up a small daughter board.

I think i try the 6.8 uF with the original 4.7uF in parallel, if not enough i go with the higher side of the G Tranter mod (560 Ohm and 4.7 uF in parallel).

Last edited:
I think i try the 6.8 uF with the original 4.7uF in parallel, if not enough i go with the lower side of the G Tranter mod (560 Ohm and 4.7 uF in parallel).
it goes in parallel with the 2u2 ... I suggest looking at an rc filter calculator to see what it does that section of the 2nd order filter

In case anyone is interested and likes Vero - I drew this up recently. It's a Proco Rate with added Bass pot with Chuck's guidance. I haven't built this articular layout but it should work - I have built this circuit and it works well. Rat with bass.png

Last edited:
it goes in parallel with the 2u2 ... I suggest looking at an rc filter calculator to see what it does that section of the 2nd order filter
You are right. Its the higher RC network that should come down from 1526 Hz to about 376 Hz.

Back