Frequency Interchange w/ piezo pickup

Diynot

I see on the Broughton website that the LP/HP has a 1M input impedance and suggests that it is high enough to accommodate acoustic pickups, but would it be beneficial to buffer the piezos in my stick bass (there are 2) before running them to the frequency interchange? I am planning to replace the existing pre/headphone amp circuitry. Any concerns running 2 piezos (buffered or not) in parallel into the FI?

I am possibly wrong but is it R2 that sets the input impedance? You might be able to edit it to get a higher impedance if you want.

I built a Schalltechnik Vong filtrung which until PedalPCB traced the LP/HP was one of the best filter options out there - and it had 10M input impedance - did all sorts of horrid things in the middle of a pedal board that high!!

I am possibly wrong but is it R2 that sets the input impedance? You might be able to edit it to get a higher impedance if you want.

I built a Schalltechnik Vong filtrung which until PedalPCB traced the LP/HP was one of the best filter options out there - and it had 10M input impedance - did all sorts of horrid things in the middle of a pedal board that high!!
This would be strictly front of the chain since it will be in the bass itself. The pre amp now is just a volume and subs knob. Don’t even use the headphone amp.

Back