Fv-1 stereo EPROM algorithms

Okay, so I popped my board the other day and realised I don't have the crystal lettuce AB38T; I have a few other FV-1 builds that will need it as well and as I was counting them up realised I may have one with my Mimir's Well basic kit. Which led me to think, I might order the EEPROM from MAS, just to get this thing going and test it out.

MAS does have more, check this link: https://mstratman.github.io/fv1-programs/ .

Here's what's available:

BINAURA STEREO PATCHES
11 Total!
CHOOSE 8 —

8 RMS LIMITER Approx 10db limiting range, stereo I/O, common control (to maintain image) by Spin Semi
- Stereo Echo Reverb by Spin Semi
7 Stereo Pitch Transposer w/ Feedback and Delay from MuffWiggler
6 Ping Pong: Stereo with Dual Taps: Simple stereo ping pong delay with adjustable feedback & damping by Graham Biswell
- Ping Pong: Simple Stereo: Simple stereo ping pong delay with adjustable feedback & lpf damping by Graham Biswell
- Triple Tap Cascaded Delay: by Graham Biswell
5 Triple Tap Cascaded Delay w/ Chorus : by Graham Biswell
4 Freeverb :a stereo reverb unit based on Jezar's public domain C++ sources, composed of eight parallel comb filters on both channels, followed by four allpass units in series. The filters on the right channel are slightly detuned compared to the left channel in order to create a stereo effect. by BasilRush
- Pitch Transposer by Exertion Music
3 Stereo Tremolo: by Digital Larry
2 Stereo Ring Modulators w Chorus: by Digital Larry
1 Stereo Dual Flange Multi Tap Delay: by Digital Larry

What do you think of those choices?
What would you choose and why? ...

Questions, Sebastion:
- Are the spin semi patches “built in” to the FV-1 like the mono ones, therefore don't need to occupy space on the EEPROM?
- Thoughts on the RMS Limiter? I'm liking the idea, utility and all, but how likely am I really going to need this?

Ok, I have written a program to donate to the binaura effort. This one is called "Arlington Chamber" . It's a very smooth, wide stereo reverb, which melds nicely with the dry tone. I think it will work well for guitar.

It allows adjustment of 1. reverb time, 2. reverb density, 3. reverb size. So it's pretty flexible in terms of making either a small intimate space to warm things up, or a big washy spacious sound.

Feel free to use it.
As I get closer to actually getting my Binaura build done, Im Trying to consolidate your specific contributions ( which I thank you for!)in one spot so I don’t have to dig… carry on.

Last edited:
Excellent!

I've finally procured the crystal recently, and should be able to complete my Binaura in another few years.

I better order that EEPROM from MAS now, or the decade will fly by and the build still won't be done.

Back