General Tso cap question?

Dan0h

I love my General Tso, literally my second PPCB build and still use it. But if I wanted to slightly lessen the “low end” would It be better to reduce C4 or C10? Thinking C10 right? I’m not looking for a huge low end reduction but equivalent to turning the bass down on my amp from say 5 to 3.5.
When engaged it’s a glorious sound it just bumps up the bass more so than the rest of the frequencies. Don’t get me wrong, is a really nice round low end not farting or woofing out, it’s just loud as hell. Since I’ll be desoldering and resoldering I guess I could just solder in some sockets and play around but I thought I’d ask the gurus first.

As always thank you for the insight.
EED1174E-6059-45FD-8A38-8B9673AF8866.jpeg

Well, in true DIY fashion I will just solder in some sockets and try a few things. :)

PS. Its cool that I can now see in schematics the buffers and tell what type they are based on what Transistor or IC is in route. Pretty cool when you recognize things. Slowly learning.

If you like the Tso but want a bit less low end, then that's basically the Aion Convex (OTC-1). It's Dan Coggin's predecessor to the Fat General.

I built both at the same time, very similar compression profiles but I like the "fuller" sound of the Tso's personally.

Come to think of it, I never compared component values between the two, but looking both schematics might give you a better clue what to change.

Back