Getting my head around switches

Zissou

So I've built a few pedals from kits and had more success than not, been reading here and there and had a few ideas on how my new found knowledge might be put to use. I've been running thought experiments in my head not anything I'm going to build but were I to build it how to go about it. So two problems one short one complex any input appreciated but please bear in mind these are not concrete plans merely ideas.

Problem one:

I have a few pedals with tap tempo inputs. Build a tap tempo seems easy enough a momentary footswitch hooked up to a jack and if I want it more versatile I can throw a spdt toggle in between them to change from a normally closed to a normally open. With an 3pdt footswitch I could control 3 pedals simultaneously!
How would I do four or more pedals? Each jack would need it's own circuit so I'd need power and a means of switching so a relay or transistor?

Problem two:

Bit more off topic but there's enough related to make it relevant. My fender jaguar has humbuckers that uses a pot to blend between single coil and humbucker.

Screenshot_20220522-050657_Drive.jpg

Here's the stock wiring from the manual. Now what if I wanted to use a toggle switch to instantly switch from single coil to blend to humbucker?

I thought I'd diagram it out to get it clear in my head. I just stuck to one humbucker and below are the three end states that would give single coil, blend and humbucker.

IMG_20220522_045143_327_1.jpg
IMG_20220522_045149_278_1.jpg
I've labelled the two individual coils as one and two and the cables as hot and ground. Given the number of connections I needed a fairly fancy switch and managed to find a four pole double throw on on on switch. (Pole connections are shown above).Try as I might I can't figure out how I might wire it up to achieve what I'd like. Again this is more than any one would need in terms of options but it's if it could be done that has me scratching my head.

Back