HELP! Gyrator EQ - Promethium Distortion

BuddytheReow

Breadboard Baker
Hey guys. I need your help. I'm currently fooling around with the EQ section from the Promethium Distortion (HM-2) on my breadboard and I can't seem to get it to work.

I put together a Dist + on the first breadboard on the left. You can ignore that piece. It works fine. The middle breadboard is where the gyrator is.

Correction: I've got sound coming through, but turning the pot does nothing. Turned it both ways, cranked my amp volume, and I even separated it from the Dist + block and plugged that directly through my guitar (put a 100n cap first for filtering). It does nothing.

I'm trying to recreate this part for part taken from the schematic below starting at C12 and through C20. I'm only working on the 'low' section here to see if I can at least recreate it. Sorry for the spaghetti mess, but these are the only jumpers I have at the moment.

Can you please help? I can help you guys trace if need be.

EDIT: I'll keep this on my board for a day, maybe two unless someone can chime in here.

A few notes:

I'm using a TL074 rather than (2) TL072. It appears to be powered correctly.

1630511639898.png
My voltage dividers are 100k resistors and not the 10k in the Promethium. I don't think that makes a difference here? R24 goes after that and then jumpered the divider to start R21
To help you guys trace, my pot pins are 1 (white square peg jumper a few rows above pin 14 of the tl074) 2 (red jumper going into C16 [I used a 1uf] toward the bottom of my board) and 3 (purple square peg jumper going into pin 13 row of the opamp)
1630508774172.png

Last edited:
Back