How to make a clean blend?

The irony of this whole post is, I was just thinking the other day: “is there a way to eliminate the “natural” clean tone blended in with the dirt in soft clippers like the TS and Zen circuits!!
Variety is what makes the world go round I guess!

The irony of this whole post is, I was just thinking the other day: “is there a way to eliminate the “natural” clean tone blended in with the dirt in soft clippers like the TS and Zen circuits!!
Off top, I'd say try adding an asymmetrical clipping section on the output, and a makeup gain stage after it

1. Use an inverting op amp gain stage (but you'd ideally need to add a buffer in front for impedance's sake and rework or skip the Voice control)
  2. Add some high forward voltage hard clippers (LEDs, MOSFETs, 2-3 series silicon diodes) after the soft-clipping (probably the easiest solution)
  3. Make the soft clipping configuration even higher forward voltage so that the op amp itself clips harder/sooner compared to what the diodes contribute (not a great solution but technically could work)

Back